Kinetic 1/48 F/A-18A+/B/CF-188 kit?

Not always on the 2 stn, I'm not going to say they are not carried on the 2 stn, just saying in my experience 8 stn was a valid position. Not always in war time ops. Sometimes the config for an ac for a specific mission for training and for proficiencies.

Hornet Under right.jpg

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Well, mine arrived today. A nice tribute to Rick Chin on the instruction sheet and a credit to Colin K on the decal instructions.

Enjoy the kit Stephen, a Nice Christmas gift!

Cheers

Brad

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

Well, mine arrived today. A nice tribute to Rick Chin on the instruction sheet and a credit to Colin K on the decal instructions.

Can you scan the tribute? I don't have my kit yet.

Rick was a good friend.

16 hours ago, Stephen said:

I got a credit on the decal instructions?  Cool!  I am very happy they put a tribute to Rick on there.  He deserved it.

11 hours ago, Finn said:

The Fat pylon could be carried on any wing station, after all it was a pylon, that's it's main purpose. This one:

hi-cf18-crash-852.jpg

had one which may have been Stn 7 or 8.

Jari

True. I think I saw four once, three were being ferried. When it was two (with one ferried) I recall 2 & 8 so it was asymmetric.

Quick look...

There is an extra sprue (x3)

O (00-112-015) in the kit; specifically to the Canadian Hornet. However I noticed some items to be noted:

P (00-112-016) Rear seat goodies

M (00-112-013) Dual Canopy

Minor issues

Typos:

Decal Sheet

CMpl Pichelle - Should read MCpl Pichelle

Instruction sheet intro

Step 9

Parts E-105 & E35 not required on the RCAF/RAAF Hornet

Part H7 - White inside not med grey for RCAF Hornet

Part C18 - should be C28 for RCAF Hornet.

Step 19

Part C21 - White - except for the top part exposed to the elements - 35237 top fingers - 36375 underside

Great Kit. Just rcvd my 4 yesterday. Wasn't happy I didn't get the shipping deal.

17 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Quick look...

There is an extra sprue (x3)

O (00-112-015) in the kit; specifically to the Canadian Hornet. However I noticed some items to be noted:

P (00-112-016) Rear seat goodies

M (00-112-013) Dual Canopy

Minor issues

Typos:

Decal Sheet

CMpl Pichelle - Should read MCpl Pichelle

Instruction sheet intro

Step 9

Parts E-105 & E35 not required on the RCAF/RAAF Hornet

Part H7 - White inside not med grey for RCAF Hornet

Part C18 - should be C28 for RCAF Hornet.

Step 19

Part C21 - White - except for the top part exposed to the elements - 35237 top fingers - 36375 underside

Great Kit. Just rcvd my 4 yesterday. Wasn't happy I didn't get the shipping deal.

Can you post a shot of the decal sheet, Carmen?  

By your command...the decals look great. I just noticed one grammatical error for MCpl Pichelle - if her name is correctly spelt. Also the over the wing numbers (over & under) are missing.

Colin K ...your contacts with Wolfpack...would they be interested in the mod ( we kinda talked about in when we talked in Toon town) for all the single Canadian models? Like I put on my last Hornet build...CF-188735 AETE

Decal Sheet Kinetic 48030.jpg

LOL...just been to the link provided to the LM FB Hornet build in RCAF Colors - flanker27 thank you...*giggles*...the comment I saw by Colin, no wonder they used the small numbers on the right wing...cuz there is no numbers on their decal sheet that represents the proper size on the Kinetic sheet. It all makes sense now, why they did it.

However, I can't stress enough how much I'm having fun building this kit.

The corrected vertical tails make a huge difference in the overall look of the kit! Hopefully Raymond and Company will consider re-tooling the vertical tails when they release the Delta instead of re-using the ones from the Charlie kit.

3 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

LOL...just been to the link provided to the LM FB Hornet build in RCAF Colors - flanker27 thank you...*giggles*...the comment I saw by Colin, no wonder they used the small numbers on the right wing...cuz there is no numbers on their decal sheet that represents the proper size on the Kinetic sheet. It all makes sense now, why they did it.

However, I can't stress enough how much I'm having fun building this kit.

Good thing I have the Canuck sheets :)

Brad

5 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

That's what I thought.  Given all of the references that Rick had probably given them, I don't understand how Kinetic missed something like this.  As Brad mentioned, good thing I have Canuck and Leading Edge decals.

5 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Colin K ...your contacts with Wolfpack...would they be interested in the mod ( we kinda talked about in when we talked in Toon town) for all the single Canadian models? Like I put on my last Hornet build...CF-188735 AETE

Yes, I think Wolfpack would be interested.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:59 AM, Scooby said:

No we didn't. 410 did have any. So dropping to 76 probably allowed for that when they upgraded the EW Suite.

410 did have any? do you mean they didn't or did have them all?

From my days in 410 Sqn we had enough for the new fighter pilots in training at 410. I can also remember this distinctly as we has up 5 different configs on the go at once during the year to accommodate all the in house courses for pilots. FPC, FEWAR, IPUGs, FOTEF projects and proficiencies. 

12 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Well I have some pics if they want to re- release and updated set. As this MOD is currently in progress and you guys should start seeing this weird thing on all singles.

Yup.  I've started keeping track of which jets have them right now.