Kinetic 1/48 F/A-18A+/B/CF-188 kit?

Anybody doing or seen a work in progress for this kit yet? I looked but I couldn't seem to find one anywhere online. I am probably just being my usual impatient self because I know its a recent release so perhaps nobody has gotten around to one yet. I am really tempted to order one from LM (never ordered from them before...*SHOCK*) because I'd like to do a Canadian Hornet.

As an aside, one (or more) of you Canadian Hornet experts should really do a WIP because it would be a very valuable resource for folks.

Cheers!

Working on four right now.  WIP will be started in a few days. 

Aircraft:

735 : was my jet in 416 Sqn and AETE

795 : Just a great jet in 416/409

936 : Was the other test jet in AETE

796 : Maybe, 2000 Millenium markings was on that air show team.

931: Maybe, my first flight. 

932: Maybe,  flew over my mom n dad's house in this jet. 

XXX: 416 markings

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ticked, I ordered mine and a bunch of other things from Lucky on Christmas, it shipped on 12/30 and now I'm nearly positive it's lost.

The USPS site doesn't even show it in the system any more and Jersey Post says it doesn't recognize the tracking number either.

I ordered the Kinetic A/B Hornet back on 11 Dec and it just arrived today so you may still have a bit of a wait. Usually just 7-9 days for me on orders from Lucky (to WA)  so 43 days with air shipping wasn't fun but guessing most of that was customs time and holiday stuff.  Good luck!

On 2017-01-23 at 11:58 AM, Grindcore said:

I'm ticked, I ordered mine and a bunch of other things from Lucky on Christmas, it shipped on 12/30 and now I'm nearly positive it's lost.

The USPS site doesn't even show it in the system any more and Jersey Post says it doesn't recognize the tracking number either.

I ordered a 1/48 Tamiya F-14 kit from Lucky at the end of November and it took almost 45 days. It didn't show up in any tracking except the Hong Kong tracking until a few days before it arrived at my house. One it arrived in Canada I saw it in two days.

It was airmail but I feel it went by boat.

Except for this shipment, my Lucky Model orders are typically in 5-7 days, always excellent service, even this order. Although I too thought this order was lost.

Edited by Scooby

Dear gary

2 hours ago, Gary F said:

I ordered the Kinetic A/B Hornet back on 11 Dec and it just arrived today so you may still have a bit of a wait. Usually just 7-9 days for me on orders from Lucky (to WA)  so 43 days with air shipping wasn't fun but guessing most of that was customs time and holiday stuff.  Good luck!

Gary

sorry the trouble as I get the report from postal services the delay due to strike in UK airport and reduced air traffic in HK airport due to changes in system

anyway it should arrive in 5-7 days

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

I ordered a 1/58 Tamiya F-14 kit from Luvky at the end of November and it took almost 45 days. It didn't show up in any tracking except the Hong Kong tracking until a few days before it arrived at my house. One it arrived in Canada I saw it in two days.

It was airmail but I feel it went by boat.

Except for this shipment, my Lucky Model orders are typically in 5-7 days, always excellent service, even this order. Although I too thought this order was lost.

Scooby

sorry the delay due to strike in UK airport and reduce flight in HK airport we assure the trouble is passed and it should resume back to 5-7 days

Hi Raymond. Not a complaint to you. As I mentioned it usually takes 7-9 days to me, whereas it's not unusual for a package to take a week just within the states. My comment was offered to Grindcore that things were taking a bit longer but my stuff did make it after all ;  )

21 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Scooby

sorry the delay due to strike in UK airport and reduce flight in HK airport we assure the trouble is passed and it should resume back to 5-7 days

Raymond, no problem at all. I always get great service from Lucky Models. Nothing but the best. Once shipped the timing is out of your control.

The post office tried to deliver it this morning, I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow.  Can't wait, it'll feel like Xmas morning.

Also, whenever I tracked a package from Lucky, it will say it's in Jersey.  Well, I figured out that it's the Isle of Jersey in the English channel lol.

That explains why it took so long to travel what I thought was only 75 miles or so to Long Island.

Thanks for the assistance Raymond and everybody else, cheers!

I have updated my Build Guide...it's electronic now, no hand notes then scanned. It's a large file. I have sent through my hawt mail account to a few friends and it worked. 16 megs. some references are build into it as well. If you want, send me a pm. If you already recvd an original and want the digital, send me a pm!

I also added some notes of back dating to early CF188. 

This is not all inclusive, some research will still be required, but, I think you could build a nice Canadian Hornet with very decent accuracy.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually C tails are included in the box afaik. It's the aft IP and its cover that seem to be a problem. Other than perhaps slight difference in canopy middle bar. Don't know if there are additional sticks for the backseater.

So I guess the biggest issue I'd have in converting B to D is the aft IP. In all fairness there isn't a proper one in any Hasegawa D kit.

Plus seeing how nice Kinetic decals are in C and A+/B kits, I guess we can hope for some cool schemes for a D.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

18 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Any chance for a Delta in the near future? Perhaps with some cool Bengals markings? ;)

Or even better - Charlie and Delta in one box?

All of the parts for an F/A-18D are in the A/B box. The only part you'll need to source for a completely accurate D is the WSO instrument panel coaming as the one included is only correct for an F/A-18B.

Colin let me know when you get them! I'm anxious to hear what you think about them.

Also thank you for the decals for my CF104 Red Indian. I had the same issues again. But because of your kindness, I payed it forward to a local gentleman.