Kinetic 1/48 F/A-18A+/B/CF-188 kit?

I have not ordered my kit yet and plan to do so in the new year. I am still waiting on a shipment from LM on an order I placed in October. It was for the $2 shipping and I did say no partial order so my bad. I see there are a couple of back ordered items in my list. I am in no hurry so all is good I guess.

I will try and pick up the Wolfpack update set too. I also have some sets from The Major line waiting for me in Calgary so I think I can use those sets on this kit.

Was pre-painting all the parts and I discovered a set of extra decals...looks like the ac # of the correct size for the top RH wing. Still don't see the underside numbers.

CONFIRMED : All 4 boxes had the extra decal sheet: caution - the small sheet was face down white background easily missed or was face out behind the inside flap of the box easily missed.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
Update
On 12/30/2016 at 11:14 AM, skyhawk174 said:

I will try and pick up the Wolfpack update set too. I also have some sets from The Major line waiting for me in Calgary so I think I can use those sets on this kit.

Both sets are virtually identical (The Major has a bit of a different seat), so you're good, no matter which set you use.

16 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Was pre-painting all the parts and I discovered a set of extra decals...looks like the ac # of the correct size for the top RH wing. Still don't see the underside numbers.

CONFIRMED : All 4 boxes had the extra decal sheet: caution - the small sheet was face down white background easily missed or was face out behind the inside flap of the box easily missed.

Well, that's good to know!

14 hours ago, Colin K said:

Both sets are virtually identical (The Major has a bit of a different seat), so you're good, no matter which set you use.

I already have The Major CF-18 set in 1/48 but the stuff i have on order are the ACMI pods as well as a couple of CF-5 recee noses. I see both Sprue Brothers and Lucky Model has the Wolfpack sets so I should get off my butt and get it ordered.

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

I already have The Major CF-18 set in 1/48 but the stuff i have on order are the ACMI pods as well as a couple of CF-5 recee noses. I see both Sprue Brothers and Lucky Model has the Wolfpack sets so I should get off my butt and get it ordered.

Where did you order the ACMI pods from?

So I have lived and learned from the C version build. I then been carefully been going through the Canadian version instruction; In the next couple days I will be releasing a Canadian guide. Essentially its my notes on a Canadian build. I'll scan then post like pics.

Is there a good source on RCAF Hornets against ISIL?

the AWM has some excellent Aussie stuff for our Rhinos and Classics and very happy with the Kinetic kits that landed on my table.

Thinking of doing a Canuck to go with my Aussie ones after our visit there late last year.

Great country the only problems are there are to many Aussies there and man Tim Hortons coffee is well..yea..lol.

1 hour ago, dehowie said:

the AWM has some excellent Aussie stuff for our Rhinos and Classics and very happy with the Kinetic kits that landed on my table.

Thinking of doing a Canuck to go with my Aussie ones after our visit there late last year.

Great country the only problems are there are to many Aussies there and man Tim Hortons coffee is well..yea..lol.

I'm not aware of a public list.  But I was googling. ..notice lots of photos. I searched Canadian Hornets in Kuwait like this one. ..love the load out. 

cf188cf188IS0120150002029_caf-672x372.jpg

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
Grammar
7 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

So I have lived and learned from the C version build. I then been carefully been going through the Canadian version instruction; In the next couple days I will be releasing a Canadian guide. Essentially its my notes on a Canadian build. I'll scan then post like pics.

Awesome and very welcome idea!

i'm rather ignorant when it comes to details that make a more accurate canadian hornet representation (from the kinetic kit, this time) 

but i'd be happy to learn! 

thank you to share your knowledge:thumbsup:

15 hours ago, dehowie said:

Hey..be careful, we Canadians love Tim Horton's coffee :wave:.  It would be like dissing the Sydney Opera House...we just wouldn't do it. :thumbsup:

Cheers Mate

Brad:cheers:

There are references that are made that are for myself. There are notes in there that may be useful for others. If you are not sure what is posted in here, try to google the Canadian Hornets;plenty of incredible pics out there. 

So I'm not looking for critiquing, I looking to help others. It is NOT all encompassing (just my 2 cents), but OOB it will be a good replica of the Hornet. With aftermarket and some scratch building, it has great potential.

Kinetic vs Hasegawa - I have them both, they both posses good and bad. but both require mods and aftermarket to get an accurate kit. So it's more of a financial decision; what degree of accuracy do you want.

Enjoy.

Kinetic Page 4.jpg

7 hours ago, Brad-M said:

Well here I am 03 Jan and still no sighting of my Kinetic CF-188 from LM. :(  I know it shipped on 16 Dec, but that's it. Hope it didn't get lost in the Christmas mail-nightmare.

Brad

mine was shipped 12 Dec, and arrived 29 Dec. (but i'm located in Canada) 

9 hours ago, Brad-M said:

Well here I am 03 Jan and still no sighting of my Kinetic CF-188 from LM. :(  I know it shipped on 16 Dec, but that's it. Hope it didn't get lost in the Christmas mail-nightmare.

Brad

I ordered a Tamiya F-14A that went out in the same day as Chris A's here in Edmonton. He received his kit in 5-7 days. Mine took over a month. No rhyme or reason or fault of Lucky Models.

On 1/2/2017 at 8:06 PM, dehowie said:

Bombs used were mostly GBU-49 and GBU-38.  Air-to-air missiles were a mix of AIM-9 and AIM-120, plus a Sniper XR pod.  As others have posted above, there are some good photo galleries, showing various loads.