can you see or tell the differcent befweena 1/35,1/32

If you are comparing two identical subjects, then yes you would notice the size difference quite obvisously, however since you're asking about two totally different subjects I don't think the different scales will be that apparent unless to an expert on both.

I would say also that if you placed figures along with this arrangement, it would be much more obvious if you use 1/32 scale figures close to the car as opposed to using 1/35 scale figures close to the plane so I would settle on 1/35 scale figures. People have a good idea of how tall a normal adult is compared to a car, they see it everyday. But not as much so as a person standing next to a WWII fighter plane. Just something to consider.

Bill

If you were anything like me (And I think I am), you would, instead, build a 1/24 scale P-51 and park next to it a 1/24 or 1/25 model of a Ford Mustang.

This way, any errors in scale would be negelsish neligigli.......small and insignificant.

Barring that, building a 1/32 P-51 would require that you carve, mould or otherwise create from scratch a matching scale car.

Or, you could simply put a placard that says, "These two models are representing a forthcoming science fiction episode of "Voyager" whereby the shrinking ray did not completely allow for the return-to-full-size of the car.

Or something.

Hope that helps. (I'm sure it didn't but I had to say it)

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:54 AM, niart17 said:

I would say also that if you placed figures along with this arrangement, it would be much more obvious if you use 1/32 scale figures close to the car as opposed to using 1/35 scale figures close to the plane so I would settle on 1/35 scale figures. People have a good idea of how tall a normal adult is compared to a car, they see it everyday. But not as much so as a person standing next to a WWII fighter plane. Just something to consider.

Bill

Exactly how tall is a normal adult?  My daughter is 4' 11". Her friend Zak is 6' 9". They are both about the same age.

Chris

Edited by dogsbody
13 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Exactly how tall is a normal adult?  My daughter is 4' 11". Her friend Zak is 6' 3". They are both about the same age.

The average (mean) heights in Canada are 5' 4" for a female and 5' 9" for a male.  They are both abnormal.  :D

Although for the OP...  1/32 is a common automotive miniature scale.  Why not just use a 1/32 die cast or slot car body for the Mustang?

It is a simple 10% difference.  A 1:35 representation of a 6' (183 mm) tall man would appear to be 5' 6" (168 mm) next to a 1:32 object. Well within normal variance.  1:35 figures next to 1:32 object would work better than 1:32 figures next to a 1:35 object. Unless you're trying to represent an NBA team...

I assume you want to do something like this:

Related image

3 hours ago, MoFo said:

The average (mean) heights in Canada are 5' 4" for a female and 5' 9" for a male.  They are both abnormal.  :D

Although for the OP...  1/32 is a common automotive miniature scale.  Why not just use a 1/32 die cast or slot car body for the Mustang?

They are both " normal ". They're just above and below " average " height.

Chris

ahh geesh, PC much. I didn't mean to use the term "normal" I should have said average. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I think it was understood what I meant in the realm of model building. MOST model figures are based around the average adult heights. Of course there are people outside of those averages. I am one of the short people myself. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape because a model figure AVERAGES around 6'.

Bill

On 12/20/2016 at 10:54 AM, niart17 said:

ahh geesh, PC much. I didn't mean to use the term "normal" I should have said average. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I think it was understood what I meant in the realm of model building. MOST model figures are based around the average adult heights. Of course there are people outside of those averages. I am one of the short people myself. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape because a model figure AVERAGES around 6'.

Bill

I just hope and pray that one day we'll have scale pilot figures that cover the full diversity of humanity, instead of being so exclusionary as they are today.   

If I can find a good rainbow clip art, I'll come back and edit this post.