Revell Skyraider #0261R0100 1/72?

I agree with Cubs2Jets, the kit sure looks like the old 1/40 Revell kit.  The only AD (A1) kit produced in the US in 1/72 was Monograms AD5 (A1E).  It was a pretty nice kit for its time and as far as I know the only 1/72 version of the multi seat AD.  I could be wrong but I don't think Revell ever got around to boxing it under their label.

7 hours ago, Hawk10 said:

I agree with Cubs2Jets, the kit sure looks like the old 1/40 Revell kit.  The only AD (A1) kit produced in the US in 1/72 was Monograms AD5 (A1E).  It was a pretty nice kit for its time and as far as I know the only 1/72 version of the multi seat AD.  I could be wrong but I don't think Revell ever got around to boxing it under their label.

Hawk,

There is a pretty new "fat face" Spad out in 1/72 from an Eastern European outfit called Skale Wings:

http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2016/09/skale-wings-172-douglas-ad-5w-skyraider.html

I am building one of these kits now, treating it like a limited run kit.  The fuselage is much more correct to scale than the undersized, ancient 1/72 A-1E kit from Monogram.  That being said, it still does have its faults.  I hope to report more on the Skale Wings kit soon.

-Derek