Italeri su-34 with indian markings!....wait! what?

That's very interesting - and completely new to me.

The box art appears to have the new upper wing fences -and there is a new decal sheet - but the sprues appear to be the old ones.

Anyone else confirm the claim about "Three specimens were tested by Indian Air Force in 2015." ?

Ken

PS - My build/update/modification of the Italeri Su-34 is here.

PPS - Is the above photo a fake ? - why would the IAF give a test airframe a squadron number ?? -

Reminds me of Eduard's SAAF Mirage markings, which were based on an (obviously) color-skewed photograph, and which they insisted was correct even though basically every modeller in South Africa sent them evidence that it was wrong.

What boggles my mind is, are they seriously basing a kit's markings on a *single* photograph?  Like, that's *all* they're using to draw their artwork?  I've done decals for myself with hundreds of references and always found something that needed better documentation.  I can't fathom designing something for sale to the public based on *one* overall shot.  

7 hours ago, Flankerman said:

That's very interesting - and completely new to me.

The box art appears to have the new upper wing fences -and there is a new decal sheet - but the sprues appear to be the old ones.

Anyone else confirm the claim about "Three specimens were tested by Indian Air Force in 2015." ?

Ken

PS - My build/update/modification of the Italeri Su-34 is here.

PPS - Is the above photo a fake ? - why would the IAF give a test airframe a squadron number ?? -

Hi Ken! May I know what color did you use for the Platan? Or what is the correct color for it?

Ken, are those wing fences on the second sprue, bottom right inner frame, directly opposite the main gear legs?

http://www.italeri.com/scheda.asp?idProdotto=2583&idCategoria=1&idSottocategoria=3

I have this kit inbound in the post in a Zvezda box, would've waited for the LMS to get the Italeri release if I'd known it was coming.... 

Edited by roym

I'm not sure which part you mean roym - but I've just looked at my Revell boxing - and the sprue tree is exactly the same - no wing fences.

The part I think you mean is part 85 - but I don't have the instruction sheet to match it too - but it isn't a wing fences (it's too thick).

Flybywire.... I just used a light grey on the Platan box - dunno if its correct or not - maybe a dull silver ???

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Ken

7 hours ago, Flankerman said:

I'm not sure which part you mean roym - but I've just looked at my Revell boxing - and the sprue tree is exactly the same - no wing fences.

The part I think you mean is part 85 - but I don't have the instruction sheet to match it too - but it isn't a wing fences (it's too thick).

Flybywire.... I just used a light grey on the Platan box - dunno if its correct or not - maybe a dull silver ???

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Ken

Thanks Ken for your response! 

8 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Ken

I can only make the parts count go up to 72! If you mean (B)65, these look roughly the right shape but are actually loading points that appear to install in tandem on the centreline to the rear of the forward one (Part B52). The parts inventory and the Italeri instructions are remarkably fence-free...out with the Evergreen!

So far Italeri updated at least in 1/72

Rafale M boxing upgrades seems to be fuel tanks and equipment on canard lerx and nose,old Rafale fuel tanks had the same shape and around the same dimension of Heller Mirage 2000N tanks

A-10C but is completely missing LASTE modifications or whatever they are called on wings and antennas under the fuselage,possibly is missing the added tail parts that were on the OA-10A too

Mig-29 9-12 new engines kinda pointless due Trumpeter partially replacing it,waiting for Zvezda and a miracle

F-15 were retooled with engraved panel lines since a decade

EF-2000 removed a couple of AIM-120 and replaced them with two Iris-T

F-16 they are all getting shipped with ADF parts and AIM-120 missiles and related wingtip pylons

F-5F reshaped lerx but forgot about the nose,I find it odd but I no longer own the older box

F-5E I wonder what happened to the older tooling,saving one to cast old nose and lerx

F-104 all newer versions seems to have both S/ASA mods and recce pod

Gripen they completely ignored the conversion parts by Bilek for the Gripen C so is still the old box with newer decals

Not sure about WW2 planes as the only good one for my interests seems to be the HS-129B that was upgraded with new wheels and possibly engine parts too

As for 1/72 tanks newer tracks for all and thats it as they moved to quick builds kits