Hello all,

I have a question regarding the ERA blocks on the Russian T-90 (but I suppose it would also apply to the T-80, T-72, T-62 etc with ERA added). Are the blocks in standard/fixed locations around the tank (specifically the turret) or can they be located in different areas? I can't find  good clear and up close pictures of the top of multiple T-90's to compare, but it seems as though from distance pictures that the turret block locations differ slightly from tank to tank.  Some seem to show a block located in an area on one tank's turret that are not located in the same area on another. So, within reason, would it be accurate to omit a block or two?

Thanks all!

Cheers!

Don

I think most Russian tanks were pretty standardized with regard to ERA placement.   They either came from the factory fully equipped or had ERA added during one of the many factory refurb processes the Russians put their tanks through.  That being said, if you want to take a few liberties with some bricks, I doubt anyone would ever know the difference. 

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. I agree too that a block or two missing would probably go unnoticed. Zvezda shows an ERA block running diagonal directly in front of the commanders position but I can't see it in any pictures. All the other ERA blocks run straight from front-to-back on the turret which I can see in pictures and as Zvezda shows in their instructions. So I left off the diagonal block and another block that Zvezda would have you put right in front of some optics which doesn't make sense to me.  This is the configuration I settled on...with SHTORA installed though:

11a7a153f23.jpg

Great kit though!

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

Don,

Been off for a while so this may be a "to old of a answer" for you but not future readers.  Google "Modelcollect T-90" and you will find a wealth of info and photos on the ERA placement by this 1/72 company that produces at least two versions of the T-90.

I sense do to the experience of wartime use in Syria the minor changes will be in the future for ERA placement the T-90.  At least that has been the experience of the at least 4 different versions of the T-72 serving in the Syrian Army.

Steve

Thanks Steve I will do the Google search you suggested for sure! I am still working on my T-90 (among many other armor subjects...LOL) so there's never too much info. Much appreciated.

Welcome to ARC too btw.

Regards,

Don.