bought old kit on ebay, no decals

Hi all, just wondering what your thoughts are on this, I bought an old kit on ebay, 1/12 Monogram Ferrari F40, a cheap kit, but with exchange, duty & shipping cost more than I would have liked.  It was advertised as original sealed box, I open the box and look around, and there are no decals.  Not too many decals for this kit, but the yellow emblem on the sides and the speedo & tach would definitely  stand out as missing.  I contacted Revell and they can't help since the kit is so old.   I guess the seller would not have known the decals were missing, so is this a case where I am out of luck?  I wish I never saw Jay Leno drive this car recently !!

DaveT

As long as you have received exactly what you have bid on (pictures) and the description mathces the pictures and what you have received, 

i don`t see anything wrong here. In hindsight, some sellers do actually reseal kit boxes, but that is rare. Out of luck might be a tad bit harsh

i`d say. There are other ways of going about with this you know. Just use your imagination. Improvise as best to your abilities. Good luck :)  

Thankfully since the Ferrari logo is pretty distinctive, it is relatively easy to find and make. The black parts can be printed on clear decal film and yellow paint can be used. So you paint one image in yellow and sandwich the clear black logo over the top. 

Or just go with one of the many decal sheets out there with the logos.    Or PE or cloisonne if they're 3D (though I'd imagine the F40 just has stickers to  save weight).  If it's any help, I can send you a high-res scan of the 1/24 Tamiya decals for the instruments.