Print Scale Decal

They are very thin. The first time i tried them, i let them soak in warm water, then when they lifted off the paper they folded over themselves, some of the decals i was unable to unfold , they got all twisted up.

I tried again, this time just dipping them in the water quickly, then letting them loosen from the paper like microscale instructuons suggest.  Still tricky to work with, they did not fold and twist.  I did not find application instructions in the package.  They responded well to micro set, i did not even need micro sol. 

So, they are a little tricky since they are so thin, but you probably noticed they often have subjects not otherwise available... such as 1/48th rf-101a/c

I used them on my Monogram A-10, and I had lots of problems using them.  They are indeed very thin and like to roll onto themselves, and they release from the backing paper very quickly.  They are pretty strong though, as I battled many folded over decals for quite some time aggressively and they did not tear. 

I would only use them again for a scheme I can't find anywhere else, and even then I would only use the decals unique to that scheme.

Just tried on a test piece, indeed they rolled up pretty easy, and it's hard to straighten them out. I followed the advice here by not letting it sits in water too long. Just brush wet it and place the decal near the place it goes. Wait a few secs and slide it it a brush to the location without lifting the decal up, and it worked. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Hmm, I have a Korean era Corsair sheet from them. (other sheets I have of their's aren't printed mostly in white)

From this thread, I gather that I should really buy a second copy of it,,,,,and double up the tail codes etc, when I build those Corsairs.

3 hours ago, Spectre711 said:

Must have changed something somewhere.  I have the Stuka sheet 72-014 and found them thick and very rigid.  They wouldn't conform to the fuselage at all.

Yes, the decal is so thin. Even without Microsol, I can't even see the decal film edges. That's why you don't lift it up with a tweezer once it's wet. Otherwise, it will fold over and very hard to undo.