1/72 Hasegawa S-3B Viking VS-21

For my contribution to this group build I'll be building the Hasegawa S-3B from the VS-21 boxing.  It'll be completely out of box with the exception of weapons, which will be a few Rockeyes from the spares box.

Before we begin, the obligatory "I haven't started" picture.

URFGdL5.jpg

Finally got started, but didn't get much of a chance to upload pics due to Christmas festivities, so here comes a decent-sized dump of them.

4953Z8P.jpg

Painted up the pilots, giving them each a dapper turtleneck for a little bit of color.  (It's probably not going to be too visible once everything is closed up, but I wanted to do it anyway.)

UqVLP7y.jpg

Cockpit's assembled, finished painting the pilots, and got them in their seats.

92GVrWQ.jpg

4ENHf1b.jpg

WF2EXaa.jpg

TR8DrTD.jpg

93ejB6c.jpg

Started painting the landing gear bays Flat White.  I'll go over with another coat tomorrow, most likely.

IL2Pmrd.jpg

Filled in the sonobuoy launch tubes, as they were blanked over on the aircraft I'm building.

nVTEPM5.jpg

Also got the decal for the IP.  I'm still not happy with hasegawa's trend of using a decal for the instrument panel, but I don't have the patience to deal with a photoetch set or resin cockpit.  It's not perfect, but I'm honestly just trying to get this thing done.

Zv5hvHD.jpg

Started painting the ordnance load.  The Rockeyes came from the spares box.  If I remember right they're from an Italeri A-10 and Revell F-15E.

More to come.

No pictures in this update, but added weight to the nose and touched up some paint.  Also tinted the canopy, which was a serious pain in the butt. Ended up getting some residue near the edges, but it's not noticeable from a distance.  If somebody complains I can just say the crew didn't clean the canopy in a while.  XD

So, unfortunate news.  Having completely lost motivation to progress on this kit, and due to the fact that I'm leaving to return to college in two days, there is no way for me to complete this kit in time for the deadline of the GB.  I'll more than likely finish it eventually, but it won't be before March 1, since I'll be separated from the kit by about 1000 miles or so.  

It's unfortunate, considering I thought this was going to be a quick build, but various circumstances got in the way.  Sorry, everyone.