TA-7C Corsair HAF 1/48

Hello ARC modelers !
Here are some pictures of my latest construction, a TA-7C in Hellenic Air Force duty. It’s a kit from Hobby Boss, in scale 1/48. 

5_zpsfh5uikqm.jpg

6_zps2pj1e6of.jpg7_zpskrbcuqpw.jpg8_zps8azedymg.jpg

I’ve included Aires detail set for the cockpit. The ejection seats SJU-11/A & SJU-12/A of the kit΄s cockpit are replaced with two seats from Aires detail set. Also I΄ve included Eduard Detail Set for A-7E and Aires Detail Set for Wheel Bay. 

19_zpsg4hxqxmd.jpg

17_zps9y2kru5j.jpg

16_zpsx1ghn2to.jpg

I scratch-building the tail section and the brake chute housing, the air starter receptacle panel, the gun gas purge door and the pilots steps ladder in open position left rear of the fuselage, the battery inspection panel rear right of the fuselage and below a strike camera K18B and a central speed break. Also I corrected the air intake shame from the model.

15_zpscpr6kevd.jpg

18_zps8mcv4sfd.jpg

12_zps1llussil.jpg

The model is painted in “SEA” camo (FS 34102), (FS 34079), (FS 30219) and (FS 36622), using colors provided by the ModelMaster and it finished with extensive weathering. Decal sets are from Icarus Decals, representing an TA-7C (336 squadron) in Hellenic Air Force duty. 

11_zpswabhl2wn.jpg

10_zpsfc5ovjwq.jpg

9_zpstz0sl7lr.jpg

2_zpsewuckhzk.jpg

1_zpszlarr5cc.jpg

I hope you enjoy my model.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

Greetings from Athens 
    Giannis Doxas 

Thank you all for your kind words about my model.

Nathant, first I must say that I replaced the front part of Hobby Boss kit (windscreen and intake) with ones of Hasegawa kit, A-7E. 

As I said, I replaced only the two seats and the co-pilot΄s cockpit area from Aires detail set, separated the rear part from the cockpit. 
See my construction by the photos to understand how I built the intake and the cockpit area.

I think you made a real "show-stopper"!! Fantastic job! On your pics of the WIP I could cleary see the differences of the two intakes. You also did not forget to paint the shoot of the seagulls on the rudder! Seams typical to HAF Corsairs (their airbase is close to the mediterranean sea?). I see you also had the good booklet from airdoc. Now I just wait for the "Modern sluf guide" from jake melampy...but those bokks are always dangerous (when you have it you easily can get lost into detail work and your model will never be finished).

A two seater is of HAF is great but due to the bit critical amount of work and to butcher a good Hasegawa kit, I would go with a single seater and imagine how it would look like to sit a 1/48 seagull on the tail, hehe. (Any idea if there's a model seagull in that scale on the market?? 

Ha,ha... I think it missing the pigeon or something else bird from the tail!

I don΄t think that it exist models of seagull or pigeon in scale 1/48. You will must scratchbuilding that bird, too !
Thank you for your kind words .  

Ok that is a great looking model. Absolutely superb weathering and just how the HAF aircraft look.

I also noticed right away that your intake looked different than what came in the kit then I read your description. Looks way better than what Hobby Boss tried to produce. I will go to your link to see how you did it. I had thought of doing this so that I can get a 2 seater. I really have to find some cheap Hasegawa A-7 kits so that I can use them for the intakes.

Great job!!!  That intake is really impressive.  It looks nothing at all like the kit intake.  I've spent a lot of time around A-7's.  We used to have 3 ANG units here in Ohio.

Your finish work is outstanding.  It looks like a 1/1 scale A-7.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 11:18 AM, crackerjazz said:

I keep coming back to look at those pics  :)   Really amazed at that cockpit; I don't know how you do that ---  It looks just like the real deal!   Thanks for the link!

Likewise. I keep coming back as well!

wow, it looks so real, if you superimposed the photograph of your model against a photograph of an airfield background, no one will know better that its a model. you're truly tallented