"Open" window on NC/AC-123K?

Can somebody shed some light here?

My Roden-kit of the NC/AC-123K comes with a round window that is "open", which seems strange to me.

By looking at this picture at Wikipedia, it somehow looks like this window indeed has been open:

1280px-NC-123K.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/40/NC-123K.jpg/1280px-NC-123K.jpg

Any idea if this window is really "open"?

HAJO

My guess; It is hot outside!

All of the C-123s that I rode on as a PAX in SEA had open windows at about that location to allow for ventilation of the cargo area.  The photo above also shows some sort of a wall behind the open window.  Another guess is that this wall allows for fresh air to get into the aircraft but blocks all interior lighting from being visible from outside the aircraft at night.

Just my thoughts on the subject, your experience may vary.

Michael A.

On 12/23/2016 at 6:01 PM, Michael A. said:

My guess; It is hot outside!

All of the C-123s that I rode on as a PAX in SEA had open windows at about that location to allow for ventilation of the cargo area.  The photo above also shows some sort of a wall behind the open window.  Another guess is that this wall allows for fresh air to get into the aircraft but blocks all interior lighting from being visible from outside the aircraft at night.

Just my thoughts on the subject, your experience may vary.

Michael A.

I think the post above pretty conclusively identifies the open window as an APU exhaust.