1 48 Italeri Piasecki H-21C Shawnee No 2733

I just received the new injection molded Italeri 1 48th H-21C Shawnee. The kit is superlative, the detail is very nice and even includes cabin and radial engine detail. The kit decals feature markings for U.S. Army, Air Force & Marines versions, as well as a French version. There is even a p.e. fret that offers seat belts and screens for the engine compartment. Overall a very nice kit, which renders the F.M. and Special Hobby releases of this same helo redundant imo. Pictures to follow after the holiday.

On 25.12.2016 at 8:56 PM, auhlik said:

I have it too. Superb kit except the cockpit canopy framing - too thick. It will have to be sanded off and recreated...

It's a pitty. The major flaw...

I agree, nice kit with some goodies. But the canopy framing- someone must have been sleeping in the design department. 

Another thing is that the USAF option shows aux fuel tanks which aren't included in the kit. 

It would have been nice if they had also included the type of main gear struts which have an airfoil covering 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 2:56 PM, auhlik said:

I have it too. Superb kit except the cockpit canopy framing - too thick. It will have to be sanded off and recreated...

It's a pitty. The major flaw...

I have to disagree with your assessment. The canopy framing while prominent, does not seem overally thick to me and comparing it to pictures of the actual helo, it seems spot on imo.

Italeri CH-21:

ital%20ch-21-2.png

ital%20ch-21-1.jpg

ital%20ch-21-3.jpg

Ch-21 (full size example):

ch-21-1.jpg

ch-21-2_1.jpg

Edited by madmanrick
forgot links

Oh and I will say that I was put off by the riveting initially. But, after comparing it to the photos above, I think Italeri pretty much nailed that. The only exception being that the missed the double row of rivets located at the top of the triangular piece dead center.