Academy 1/48 F4C wing to fuselage fit

Working on one now.Has anyone else had problem fitting the intakes and wings to fuselage?.I have horrible gaps on both fits.A huge trench on the wing to fuselage. Is there an easier way to fit these? I am very disapointed  in these keeps and I have a B,C,D and J yet to do. I may be investing in the Zoukie Mura kits. And forgetting the Academy kits.

Glue some plastic guide blocks to the lower fuselage. Taper them back toward the center. They will force the upper fuselage sides out to where they should be. I built the B and used no filler on the seam. It takes a lot of test fitting, but is well worth the effort.

Bob

I didn't have huge difficulty on these areas on two Bs I did a couple years ago. And I hate to say it but I'm at that stage on the ZM kit and though the fit is great, it ain't perfect either. As I was fiddling with it yesterday, an elementary model building concept sprang to mind; where two parts join, there will be some degree of a gap. My experience with the ZM kit so far is that care must be taken fitting the backbone panel and lower wing/fuselage assembly. The glare shield sits beautifully in it's respective area but the instrument panel and scope are not recessed under the shield. As I mated the fuselage and wing the intake trunks were binding and things wouldn't come together. I discovered sprue gates I failed to trim on the intake trunk exterior were interfering. The cockpit canopy sill logeron might take a wee bit of fiddling, but once  together the appearance is awesome. One advantage Academy has is the solid fuselage molding, at least that was my experience. Hopefully I'll be able to lay paint on the ZM job. The big problem I'm having is "wrastlin'" with markings.

The easiest way to deal with that would be to glue some plastic rod or sprue to the inside of the fuselage, so that you can spread the sides out and get a better fit between the fuselage and wing.  When I mocked up my Academy B kit, I saw I was going to have to do that.  It will greatly improve the fit and save on filling any big gaps, plus, it's a pretty simple fix.