Soo... what did everyone get?

Santa was good to me this year.  In addition to the usual stuff dads get (PJ's, socks, pictures, etc), the big guy brought me some reading material:

IMG_0093_zpsqeham813.jpg

And I also got reunited with an old friend - US Army surplus Alice Pack (Large).  Still convinced that this is the best ruck ever designed.   

IMG_0094_zpsvkhu4gtl.jpg

Just found out that the in-laws are headed down here in a few hours.  May load up the books and a 6 pack of Flying Dog beer into the ruck and head out into the woods to find an unused tree stand and hunker down for the day.

Hope Santa was good to everyone, Merry Christmas guys.

I got these!

(3) - 1/72 Haseagwa JMSDF P-3C

(1) - 1/72 Monogram B-52D

(1) - 1/48 AFV Club F-5F

(1) - 1/35 Tamiya Leopard A6

I'll be starting one of the P-3's later today!

Merry Christmas fellow ARCers!

Mike

Nothing on the modeling front this year ( i have a  few to complete before SWMBO will allow anymore into the house ).  Clothes from the kids and a novel from the wife.  and had a temp of 100.4F on Christmas day in Melbourne

Edited by Aussie_superbug
additional info
3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Santa was good to me this year.  In addition to the usual stuff dads get (PJ's, socks, pictures, etc), the big guy brought me some reading material:

IMG_0093_zpsqeham813.jpg

And I also got reunited with an old friend - US Army surplus Alice Pack (Large).  Still convinced that this is the best ruck ever designed.   

IMG_0094_zpsvkhu4gtl.jpg

Just found out that the in-laws are headed down here in a few hours.  May load up the books and a 6 pack of Flying Dog beer into the ruck and head out into the woods to find an unused tree stand and hunker down for the day.

Hope Santa was good to everyone, Merry Christmas guys.

still have mine even after being out for over 12yrs, wasn't handing that one back

1 hour ago, Aussie_superbug said:

still have mine even after being out for over 12yrs, wasn't handing that one back

Wish I had kept mine.  That and the poncho liner were the two best pieces of kit the Army came up with.  

King size pillow, pretty much the size of a small window. Around 3 by 1.5 feet. Also got a classic Tempur memory

foam pillow. Olive down jacket (very big & fluffy) Not the type of guy to ask others to cater for my modelling needs,

so there was no plastic hiding under the imported plastic tree.    

Edited by breadneck

No styrene on my list this year as I have just about everything I want and the missing pieces are rare, OOP stuff I usually only find on ebay. So I cleaned up on ebay gift cards and scored an airbrush compressor and a mess of old vinyl instead-most notable being an original release of Blizzard of Oz. Also got a Best Buy gift card and picked up a high end toaster and a slow cooker. Mom of course got me a bunch of clothes and for a nice change, most of it fits :thumbsup:

Ken

11 year-old-son bought me a 1/48 Tamiya F-14.

Wife bought me a 1/48 Revell Stearman, Airfix World, and a couple other model magazines.

My wife and I both bought each other a gift card for a nights stay at Fantasyland Hotel, in the same Roman Theme room, one week apart.

1/48 Hasegawa N1K1 Shiden

1/48 Tamiya P47D

1/48 Tamiya F4U-1D

1/48 Airfix bf-109E

This was my Christmas present to myself since my wife and I don't exchange gifts, and I won't give the credit card to the four legged kids . :rolleyes:

At the club gift exchange, I got the 1/72 Zvezda Mig-29 9.13 (beautiful kit). From a gift card from a friend I got the AMT U.S.S. Excelsior kit. And from my relatives I got a 1/48 Tamiya F-14A (my second). Not a big haul, but certainly a decent one.

1. Belcher Bits CF-104 Weapons Set (1/48th)
  2. $100 in gift certificates from one of the LHS's
  3. Four books that will be very interesting reads - Canada and Hill 70, history of the SAS, The Somme 1916, and Dave Bashow's All The Fine Young Eagles