Patrouille de France 2017 livery

Cela fait trente ans, hormis un passage en 2008, que la Patrouille de France n’a pas séjourné aux États-Unis. Nous irons là-bas pour célébrer le centenaire de l’entrée en guerre des États-Unis. C’est une fierté et un honneur de représenter nos ailes, nos couleurs et notre pays. 

http://www.laprovence.com/article/societe/4238838/a-salon-dans-lintimite-de-la-patrouille-de-france.html

• 3 months later...

I get to see them here in a couple of days, they are coming to Kansas City, MO for a flyover of the Liberty Memorial.  The nation's only National WWI Monument.  

David

Hi everyone !

It seems that Kinetic do release it too fast and, probably numbers and small commemorative figure are not included in  the box, as we don't see the aircraft number on the tail. Nevermind, it would be great if Caracal add an up to date livery to his previous sheet, maybe will I try on a "PJ production" model kit .

Kind Regards 

To continue..

Please click on this link : http://www.defens-aero.com/2017/03/paf-us-tour-retour-depart-patrouille-france-salon-de-provence.html

You will find more photos and details about the different Heroes portraits carried on the alpha jets of Patrouille de France.

Kind Regards

Edited by Geronimo
completion of my post
5 hours ago, Geronimo said:

Please click on this link : http://www.defens-aero.com/2017/03/paf-us-tour-retour-depart-patrouille-france-salon-de-provence.html

You will find more photos and details about the different Heroes portraits carried on the alpha jets of Patrouille de France.

Kind Regards

Thanks for the link! Some great photos there...and pretty much was able to match the "nose art" with the numbered aircraft...seems we need a photo of No.1, and No. 0 jet up close.

On 4/3/2017 at 0:27 PM, Geronimo said:

Hello everyone,

Kursada, have you notice that the details are now available !:thumbsup:

http://www.patrouilledefrance.fr/le-convoyage-aller-le-debut-de-laventure/

They put some small zap under the the cokpit as you can see.

I have indeed noticed, Monsieur - I am already working on an update sheet. 

22 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Thanks for the link! Some great photos there...and pretty much was able to match the "nose art" with the numbered aircraft...seems we need a photo of No.1, and No. 0 jet up close.

Hello 82Whitey51,

Taken here: https://www.traditions-air.fr/unit/photo/div_paf.htm

Alpha_53.jpg.041a2c4d7a5a890ad485f8dd31e6d265.jpg

Georges Guynemer (on Athos 1) is the most famous french ace of WW1.

I think only Athos 1 to 9 have a commemorative nose art on.

20 hours ago, KursadA said:

I have indeed noticed, Monsieur - I am already working on an update sheet. 

Hello Sir,

Nice to read that !

Bon courage.

Kind Regards

19 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

Hello 82Whitey51,

Taken here: https://www.traditions-air.fr/unit/photo/div_paf.htm

Alpha_53.jpg.041a2c4d7a5a890ad485f8dd31e6d265.jpg

Georges Guynemer (on Athos 1) is the most famous french ace of WW1.

I think only Athos 1 to 9 have a commemorative nose art on.

Hello Sir,

Nice to read that !

Bon courage.

Kind Regards

Thank you! Very nice. From going through the photos from your previous link, and from pitures on Facebook, I almost have all the serial numbers (number on the nose gear door) matched up with each jet as well;

Aircraft nose art assigned:

ATHOS 1 (leader), Commandant Christophe DUBOIS : Georges Guynemer (53 victoires). s/n 45

ATHOS 2 (intérieur droit), Capitaine Damien BOURMAUD : Joseph Vuillemin (7 victoires).

ATHOS 3 (intérieur gauche), Capitaine Cyril TOUZET : Maurice Boyau (35 victoires). s/n 119

ATHOS 4 (charognard), Commandant Nicolas LIEUMONT : Charles Nungesser (45 victoires).  s/n 113

ATHOS 5 (extérieur gauche), Capitaine William LEROY : René Fonck (75 victoires).

ATHOS 6 (extérieur droit), Capitaine Bertrand TARDIF : Jean Navarre (12 victoires). s/n 127

ATHOS 7 (leader solo), Capitaine Hervé AUBERT : René Dorme (23 victoires).

ATHOS 8 (second solo), Capitaine Benjamin CHANAT : Adolphe Pégoud (6 victoires). s/n 68

ATHOS 9 (remplaçant), Capitaine Benjamin MICHEL : Alfred Heurtaux (21 victoires).

Edited by 82Whitey51

ATHOS 2 (intérieur droit), Capitaine Damien BOURMAUD : Joseph Vuillemin (7 victoires). On this picture we can see S/N 46

Alpha_29_1.jpg.9b8d05c2e5d5a31ee931b00ac284e021.jpg

And you are right, there is a nose art on Athos 0...

4 hours ago, Geronimo said:

ATHOS 2 (intérieur droit), Capitaine Damien BOURMAUD : Joseph Vuillemin (7 victoires). On this picture we can see S/N 46

Alpha_29_1.jpg.9b8d05c2e5d5a31ee931b00ac284e021.jpg

And you are right, there is a nose art on Athos 0...

Nice! That's a good look at the smoke tubes as well.

Now that Kinetic had shown what the decals would look like, I can talk about it: as you can see in the decal image, the Kinetic decals are based on artwork that was licenced from Caracal. Another company added the 2017 tail art, aircraft numbers and crew names. 

I am very confident in the accuracy of my Patrouille de France artwork: I consider it one of the best work I have ever done, and it was designed after going through hundreds of high-resolution photos to get the details right. Since I could not find a matching font for the typeface they used in the stencilling and aircraft registrations, I designed a font letter-by-letter by looking at photos. Just designing the whole alphabet took hours. I honestly think it is the best Patrouille de France Alpha Jet artwork available anywhere, so rest assured that the Kinetic decals will be great.

That said, I am still working on an update sheet that will allow you to build the 2017 line-up with the nose art. I am also going to use this chance to add the French AF 80th anniversary livery that was worn during 2014; so the combined set would continue to provide a complete set of special tail art all the way since 1995.

Photos that were posted here were very helpful, but I will probably need a bit more. So if there is a show near you, please grab those big lenses and try to take high resolution side photos of the nose art. 

Edited by KursadA
14 hours ago, KursadA said:

Now that Kinetic had shown what the decals would look like, I can talk about it: as you can see in the decal image, the Kinetic decals are based on artwork that was licenced from Caracal. Another company added the 2017 tail art, aircraft numbers and crew names. 

I am very confident in the accuracy of my Patrouille de France artwork: I consider it one of the best work I have ever done, and it was designed after going through hundreds of high-resolution photos to get the details right. Since I could not find a matching font for the typeface they used in the stencilling and aircraft registrations, I designed a font letter-by-letter by looking at photos. Just designing the whole alphabet took hours. I honestly think it is the best Patrouille de France Alpha Jet artwork available anywhere, so rest assured that the Kinetic decals will be great.

That said, I am still working on an update sheet that will allow you to build the 2017 line-up with the nose art. I am also going to use this chance to add the French AF 80th anniversary livery that was worn during 2014; so the combined set would continue to provide a complete set of special tail art all the way since 1995.

Photos that were posted here were very helpful, but I will probably need a bit more. So if there is a show near you, please grab those big lenses and try to take high resolution side photos of the nose art. 

Sorry Kursad, I didn't mean to imply that the decal sheet is inaccurate, just noted that the artwork on the right side of the jets didn't seem to be included.  In any case, I will be getting the kit and your update sheet.  I've been planning on a big, multiple model build, of different aerobatic teams, and the Patrouille is at the top of my list.

Hi Colin,

I'm sorry, I did not mean to suggest that you might have found the kit sheet to be inaccurate. I have nothing to do with the 2017 additions to the kit sheet, after all.

My own 2017 update will have the nose arts - I plan to wrap everything up next week and send it to be printed in time for a June release.

Thanks

Hi,

I just find this almost complete list here

http://www.deltareflex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4060

N° 1 / 45 / F-TETF / Patch as des as Georges Guynemer
N° 2 / 46 / F-UHRF / Patch as des as Joseph Vuillemin
N° 3 / 119 / F-UGFE / Patch as des as Maurice Boyau
N° 4 / 113 / F-TETD / Patch as des as Charles Nungesser
N° 5 / 79 / F-TENA / Patch as des as René Fonck
N° 6 / 127 / F-UGFK / Patch as des as Jean Navarre
N° 7 / 152 / F-UHRT / Patch as des as René Dorme
N° 8 / 68 / F-TEMO / Patch as des as Adolphe Pégoud
N° 9 / 146 / F-UHRR / Patch as des as Alfred Heurtaux
N° 0 / 114 / F-TERR / Patch as des as

Have a nice week-end !

On 4/6/2017 at 11:15 AM, KursadA said:

Kursad, great to hear that an extensive update sheet is in work. I'm in Pensacola this week and hopefully will see them on Tuesday morning. I'll do my best to get some up close, clear shots of the jets for you...I think I may know a couple members of the Blue Angels current ground crew, so maybe a little better access than a fence line could be in order???