A 1:48 RF-8G would be sweet!

And it's too early for this, but I'm already looking forward to Tamiya releasing another F-14, either a later-block A-model or an F-14B.

The truth is that I have more than enough stuff to build, and I'm incredibly selective about what I buy, but these would get my money...

My wish for 2017 is for Kitty Hawk to slow down and pay attention to accuracy.  If we are going to pay what they are asking, then we the consumer should also receive a better product.  Not asking for Tamiya here, just maybe the Old school Monogram for shape accuracy 

1/48 Revell A-10C.  (Revell has a great starting point with the old monogram A-10.)  I don't really know how difficult what I am asking for is, but would think it easier to convert to recessed panel lines, than completely re-do from scratch.

1/48 Tamiya F-16D.  We shouldn't forget to continue to ask for this(yes I realize it is has been a decade that our cries have been unanswered).  I still have hopes they have the family model replacement sprue "g"'s ready to box!

1/48 T-38C.  Come on Wolfpack!  Don't let this kit become your Tamiya 1/48 F-16D!

1/48 Sukhoi PAK-FA T-50.  (stolen from HomeBe's list).  

1/48 Mig 35/Mig-29k. 

1/48 IA-58 Pucara.  Injection molded, please!

9 hours ago, F4DPhantomII said:

Kurt H I agree I have wanted to build an RF-101A/C for years.Even tried to concert the F-101 from Monogram.

I had a go with the Koster conversion in 2009  but I really botched it. I got a replacement vac sheet from Koster and I am ready to give it another go as I have built a few Vacs since then, but I can not decide whether to re-scribe the whole thing, and whether I should try to add detail behind the camera windows.  It is an aircraft which even though I have no connection to it, is important to me for some reason, and I really want to do the subject justice.

and to prevent hi jacking the thread, I wish for a 1/48th CH-37 Mojave, a helo I learned about just today as a matter of fact, and was quite captivated by seeing it.

Edited by Kurt H.
grammar

Same as last year and the year before that and the year before that etc,etc,ect..................

AN ACCURATE 1/48 F-111 family!!!!

Edited by joeltc
spelling
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:34 PM, Ben Brown said:

I'd love to see a 1/48 F11F, F-86A & H, and an FJ-3. Unfortunately, the only company likely to produce them is Kitty Hawk. After the mess they made of the F2H-2, I'm not sure I'd trust them not to screw it up.

Ben

Amen to that.

20 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

1/48 Revell A-10C.  (Revell has a great starting point with the old monogram A-10.)  I don't really know how difficult what I am asking for is, but would think it easier to convert to recessed panel lines, than completely re-do from scratch.

While I'd love to see this myself, converting from raised to recessed panel lines is VERY difficult to do for an injection molded product. You have to add steel to the tool (remember, the tool is the reverse of the product), which is hard to do (read $$$) and doesn't tend to last. It is much easier to move from recessed to raised (though who would want that these days?). That being said, I'd appreciate even a raised panel line A-10C.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:57 PM, Mizar said:

people getting smarter and downscaling their effin and various aggressor decals in 72

I agree with this sentiment. I would like to see all the recent F-16 decals from Speedhunter Decals reduced to 1/72 scale. Not every one in the world  models in big scales. Over half the world's modelling population models in 1/72 scale or smaller.

More than a few here have asked for an early F-86 Sabre, I will throw my vote in for an F-86A/E Sabre in 48th scale.  Wishful thinking, but I'd love to see a new tool 48th scale CT-114 Tutor and CF-100 Canuck.  Would also love to see a Twin Otter in 48th scale as well.

11 hours ago, Draggie748 said:

I agree with this sentiment. I would like to see all the recent F-16 decals from Speedhunter Decals reduced to 1/72 scale. Not every one in the world  models in big scales. Over half the world's modelling population models in 1/72 scale or smaller.

I think those guys are what is left from After no 1/72 ever Burner decals,so I highly doubt that anything good will be delivered from them,I just need a bunch of stuff for Ace Combat projects,mostly for F-5 and A-4 but from what I see in those decals sheets the appealing stuff are some stencils and warning data,I can fetch and mish mash numbers from other sources and print what's left

Kinda shame that I dropped lots of real world stuff projects due makers refusing to do downscales,but hey my stash is so thinned down that it fits inside a box and small shelf,plus some are just duplicates or boxes taken for spare decals and parts.

Still I don't know in which way I'm going to paint the CF-105 and the TSR-2,probably I'll just make an exception for some prototypes or maybe not and used Grunder Industries markings instead

Edited by Mizar

Some of these aircraft/scale choices a few of you guys want have me scratching my head. I mean while a 1/48 KC-135 is kind of nice to dream about, where the heck would you put it? Even a 1/48 B-50 is bigger than a B-29 and almost too delicate to store once built (a conversion for the Monogram B-29 was done). I know, everyone points to the Revell B-1B in 1/48 and yes it regularly pops back up as a reissue. But while I have seen a lot of those sold, I have yet to see one built save one I saw hanging at a hobby shop in the late 80s and it showed to my teenage eyes that it was so big that I couldn't display it.

Edited by Jay Chladek
17 hours ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

For 2017 I would like to see some new tool Russian Aircraft:

1/48

Su-30SM/MKI/MKM

MiG-29K/35

PAK-FA

KA-50/52

Mi-28

Mi-24/35

This is what I would go for as well and toss in a 1/48 SU-25 & SU-17/22.

I have not built a prop job in years, but I truly would enjoy an accurate 1/48 A-26/B-26 Invader series especially a AFSOC Counter Invader!

4 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

This is what I would go for as well and toss in a 1/48 SU-25 & SU-17/22.

Ah yes, how could I forget the Frogfoot!!!

But we are in luck with the Fitter... Kitty Hawk is releasing theirs next month and Hobby Boss may release theirs in 2017 as well.  :-)