the48ers.48 a new modelling project

Thanks for the kind words Fighting Eighty-Four! The goal is to expanding the product offering (but stick to 1/48 scale) and keep a balance between availability and price.

You can still buy a bunch of decals or masks and get charged for much much less, as the items are flat and a letter option can be available. But what is really the question for me is would it be acceptable to put a metal pitot in an envelope? Low chances but what would you think if you would receive it slightly bent?

As mentioned, we will keep on looking for ways to lower the cost especially for a small number of items.

Thanks again,

Ilias

slightly bent could be acceptable for me.... as metal has the "plasticity" to be bent back without risk... but i totally agree with you on the fact that items should reach the customers in good shape (critical for a new business). i must say that none of your (well established UK) concurrents ever does neither. (only ebay sellers have send me resin bits in padded envelopes.)

and on the "weight and size" of the potential order i did, i'm rather "expert" on size and weight. so i was not BShitting you.  that's why i ordered the decals, because the "letter" pricing was much closer to what i'd expected.

that being said, i highly encourage everybody here to take a look at the "the48ers" webstore.  with the opening sale, the prices are hard to beat (and regular pricing is more than fair!) ...and the prices on some decal sheets where the best/lowest i've seen. (quality stuff here!)

Edited by mingwin

Great news! We managed to reduce the shipping rates and you can now get much less rates as per Simon's comment above.

We will refund the extra shipping cost to those who have already placed an order at higher rate within the next few days.

Thanks,

Ilias

Thank You Ilias! your efforts are highly appreciated.:thumbsup: hopefully will pay you back!

i've taken the opportunity and done another order. (i haven't put items like Eduard's Brassins in my order, as i know how they are packaged (rather large packing),and i wouldn't stretch too far my luck with a letter...or stretch too much that very letter... )

Cheers.

Simon.

i also did receive a partial refund too... that have been put to good use... by ordering a third order to the48ers.com... before the "opening Sale" ends...(with the 20% discout, no one have matched such low price!... i'll sure buy again, without the sale discount, as the regular pricing is already just below competition on most items.)

where are you located in the world shion? 

7 hours ago, Ilias said:

Thank you all for your support! Your feedback (what we lack, what you would like to see etc.) is crucial for us to become better.

Best,

the48ers.com team

Ilias, I do have one suggestion... When browsing your products, I cannot tell who the manufacturer is until I click the product. It would be nice to see that info while I am browsing .

Also, often the page freezes up when selecting a product type or manufacturer filter.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the suggestions Fighting Eighty-Four! Well we discussed the case of adding the manufacturer right below the product description but we thought that it would be too much information, however I agree with you and we will show it.

I tried to replicate the freeze but I could not. If this happens again or someone else experiences any delays - freezes please let us know. The server we are hosted ensures that the response time is minimum. One thing to keep in mind though is that when you search and the items per page is set to "All" then small delays may occur.

We appreciate your feedback!

my first order arrived today (not related to the star war Empire)   :banana:(the first of 3)

two decals set packed in a big/tough cardboard envelope, reinforced with a piece of (strong)cardboard inside. :thumbsup:    that's serious stuff! 

thank you again Ilias!

now i'll wait for my two other orders that will follow in the next week...

my second (of 3) order arrived today. i'm quite pleased to see that it was sent in a little box. (in the website, it's named "irregular letter"...but what i got was a box... so, to any who order, don't worry, packing/protection is more than sufficient!)

that's awesome for me! it means i won't have to restrain myself to smallest/flat items next time i'll shop there!

so, i can confirm, the48ers shipping prices (and time for international shipping) match the best England based hobby shops.  which is really great for me!(and should be for you too!)

thank you again Ilias for being quick on "tunning" right your shipping options.

i'm in no way related to the48ers.com, i'm just a pleased customer... now let's wait for that third order that should arrive late next week...

Hi Luca,

As you know the shipping fees within European Union are the same for all countries. For the orders we have processed and shipped to EU so far the shipping cost is less than 9% of the total order amount (the order amount ranges from a few euros to 150+ euro). Specifically for Italy the shipping fee is around 7.5% of the total order as we have seen so far.

Would you like to let us know what you added in the cart so that we can further investigate? Alternatively, you can register, place again the items in the cart and we could then have a look.

In any case and as others have previously mentioned we refunded the difference in case the actual shipping cost is less than what was paid for.

Best,

Ilias

Illias, my order arrived last week in excellent shape, great packaging, thanks!  My 2nd order should be here soon.  :-)

1 hour ago, Ilias said:

And btw, each first order gets a 15% discount! Order count starts today!

So does this mean my next order gets 15% off, since it starts today? :-)

56 minutes ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

Illias, my order arrived last week in excellent shape, great packaging, thanks!  My 2nd order should be here soon.  :-)

So does this mean my next order gets 15% off, since it starts today? :-) 

You got it! The 15% off applies to anyone has placed an order so far.

We have more to announce over the next few days...

Best,

Ilias

i finally got my third order yesterday. which confirm to me, the reliability-efficiency of the "shipment chain" from Cyprus to Canada. it was a very important factor for me. 

thank you Again Ilias! it's a pleasure to do business with you:thumbsup: ...i'll take advantage of the 15% off in a few weeks...can't wait!

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

It's a few months now since we kicked off back in Feb and we would like to give you a quick update.

Product-wise, the number of product lines have more than doubled and the number of available products are now more than 1,700 - again at 48ers you can only find aftermarket (post WWII) aircraft accessories in... 1/48!

We also managed to keep prices low as well as launching a loyalty program.

We would like to thank you all for your trust and support so far.

Thanks,

Ilias

I've been buying a lot of items from you, in fact, I usually check your site first for any items I need as your prices are better than I can get most anywhere else and shipping is very reasonable. Even coming all the way from Cyprus to Wisconsin USA it doesn't take that long (most of time being taken up by our postal service trying to figure out what they're doing).

Keep up the good work. I am hoping you continue to expand your product line. I am one very satisfied customer.