World Junior Hockey 2017 Go Canada!

Team Canada sure looked good versus Russia, great win. Goaltending looked a little shaky though.

I don't think we will see Russia again. They looked weak, I actually can see them not making the medal round. They sure got away with a lot of stick work.

During the USA-Latvia game, American fans were chanting U-S-A - U-S-A, only to have Latvian fans chant "Donald Trump!" right back....the chanting stopped 😄 

The Boss and I watched the game too.  When Russia stepped up their game, they looked like they had Canada on their heels for a bit.  Fortunately, we managed to match the intensity.  I'm not writing the Russians off quite yet.  I agree with your assessment on our goaltending.  All three goals were from distance, not close in near the net.  Granted, on the first goal, I think Hart was screened.  Second goal was a nice one.  Third one, he had a clear view and it went in under his arm.  As the talking heads said, he should have had that one.

Tonight, game 2.  Bring on the Slovaks.