Putting dried acrylic paint in the microwave?????

Has anyone heard or has done this with dried acrylic paint?

"Here is a tip for all you acrylic paint users out there. If you find your acrylic paint has settled hard at the bottom of your paint bottle, remove the lid, lightly cover with a paper towel and toss it in the microwave for 3-5 seconds. You will find the hardened paint has softened up enough to mix easily."

Has anyone tried this and does it work?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Yeah, Jay. I read this thread a little bit ago,,,,and something about it nagged at me. I opened ARC just to access this thread, and warn about all the Acrylic Lacquers and Acrylic Enamels out there.

LifeColor, MisterKit, true water based AKAN (not the other two formulas) and things like that Might be okay,,,,but for the small cost of a bottle of paint,,,,,,,I would just save Anne the trouble of screaming at me for using her microwave for such an experiment.

I have tried just placing the reducer in the dried paint bottle. I tightened the lid, placed the bottle in my front pocket for the day, planned a busy walking day. at the end of the day, the paint was revived from the agitation of walking all day and the body heat absorbed by the paint bottle and it contents.