What builds are you planning in 2017?

This time of year everyone posts their builds for the past year.  However, I'm more excited about my builds in 2017.  So, what are you gonna build next year? Or at least try too!?:wasntme:

For me, I need to finish a P-47, then it's my 1/48 Hasegawa SH-3, a 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27ub, and finally a 1/32 Eduard Profipack BF-109 e-1.  Maybe I'll start my B-17F, buthe I'm still nervous about that beast.

NX-01 Enterprise, A Klingon Bird of Prey, two helicopters for a customer and a 1/32 H-60. Thats for the first 2-3 months. After that, depends on customers and what group builds come up.

Oh, and more Phantoms.

My optimistic list:

Re-fit enterprise for the star trek GB

Eduard German F-104 1/48 for the Modern Luftwaffe GB

Tamiya 1/32 F-4c  ADC gray texas ANG or happy hooligans

Academy 1/48 f-4b 

Tamiya 1/48  F-14A

Hasegawa RF-4E as a RF-4c 1/48

ZM F-4J

and finish the shelf of doom :-/

all this while studying for the CCNP switch exam.  I need to learn some time management, or at least turn off the TV

In the que.....

1/48 Academy F-4B VF-84 w/flag

1/48 Monogram B-17G Texas Raiders

1/48 Tamiya Tomcat VF-101

1/48 AM Dauntless Midway version

1/48 AM Avenger Atlantic scheme

Still need to complete from 2015/6....

1/48 Hasegawa A-7E VA-97 Eagle Claw operation

1/48 Hasegawa F-16C ANG Albama

1/48 F-15E Mountain Home

1/48 Revell F-18E Tophatters

Side projects....

1/350 Tamiya Fletcher

Those Star Wars Bandai kits....I need to buy them all.

The main project I need to build/finish is the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon I have been collecting parts for. Last parts shipment comes in February. Before that I have a Space 1999 Eagle I need to finish. After that, I need to complete my Saab J-29 Tunan, try and get a Tomcat potentially done by Nationals and potentially also bang out a Bandai Star Wars model or two. The list could (and probably will) change a bit, but the Falcon is the highest priority to get it done by Wonderfest.

I never hew closely to modeling plans, but I hope to build/finish a few short-run kits in 2017.

I got SH's Buffalo for Xmas, which will be first. In my stash are also a half finished AZ ( I think ) M.S. 406, an untouched MPM Wellington. I also have a Sword S2H Banshee on the way, in the mail.

These should keep me pretty busy for a few months. I'd also like to try my hand at a 1/350 warship. I have my eye on one of Mirage Hobby's Flower Corvettes. They look like nice kits, not too big, well detailed, but not overly complex.

I am a bit of a fast builder, averaging about one every 3 weeks. With that logic in hand, I hope to knock out 17 next year (all 1/48 scale):

#1 - Hasegawa F-4G Wild Weasel - 90th TFS (Euro 1 scheme), 1988 (in-flight build)

#2 - Kitty Hawk MiG-25PDS Foxbat-E - Iraqi AF circa 1980s - (in-flight)

#3 - Hasegawa A-7E Corsair II - VA-86 Sidewinders from "The Final Countdown" movie (1979)

#4 - Revell F/A-18E Super Hornet - VFA-14 Tophatters, 2003 (in-flight)

#5 - Hasegawa F-14A Tomcat - NSAWC Blue Splinter Flanker 20, 1999

#6 - Revell Panavia Tornado IDS - TBD German Markings

#7 - AMT ES-3A Shadow - VQ-5 Sea Shadows, 1998 (in-flight)

#8 - Tamiya F-16C Fighting Falcon - 64th Aggressor Sq. Blizzard Scheme, 2015

#9 - Revell Dassualt Rafale - TBD French Navy Markings (in-flight)

#10 - Hasegawa AH-64D Apache Longbow- TBD US Army Markings

#11 - Eduard Su-27UB Flanker-C - Russian Navy "Red 20", 2010

#12 - Great Wall MiG-29SMT Fulcrum-E -  14th LGFAR "Red 23", 2010

#13 - Italeri MV-22 Osprey - VMM-163 Ridge Runners, 2012

#14 - Eduard MiG-21BIS Fishbed-L - Polish Air Force, 1999 (in-flight)

#15 - Hasegawa F/A-18D Hornet - VMFA-225(AW) Death Dealers, 2008

#16 - Hasegawa F-14B Tomcat - VF-103 Jolly Rogers, 1998

#17 - Hasgawa F-15C- 65th Aggressor Sq. "Flanker Scheme", 2013

I know this is a pretty aggressive queue, but I hope to get most of these done this year.

Lots of stash to build!  LOL

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:33 PM, falcon20driver said:

This time of year everyone posts their builds for the past year.  However, I'm more excited about my builds in 2017.  So, what are you gonna build next year? Or at least try too!?:wasntme:

For me, I need to finish a P-47, then it's my 1/48 Hasegawa SH-3, a 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27ub, and finally a 1/32 Eduard Profipack BF-109 e-1.  Maybe I'll start my B-17F, buthe I'm still nervous about that beast.

Aircraft:

* 1/32 Kitty Hawk P39n (actually two) in USSR markings

* Revell BF109G10

* Revell FW190F8 (or 9)

* AMK  F14

Armor:

M4 Sherman calliope (Asuka & Verlinden)

M4a3e8 Tamiya

BMP-1 in Chechnya (Trumpeter)

T62 in Chechnya (Trumpeter)

T80 in Chechnya (Trumpeter)

gary

On December 27, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Geoff M said:

Plan?

This.  Aside from the stuff currently on the bench (ProResin F6C-4 Hawk and MPM XF5F-1 for my collection, plus a Hasegawa Ki-44, Special Hobby F2A-3 and Hobbyboss TBF-1 for a couple of museum displays), I have no idea what I'll build next.  Whatever strikes my fancy - maybe more yellow wings, maybe something civil, maybe back to a jet. Can't really say at this point.

Could be just the one in 2017.

This, to represent the one in the movie Siege of Jadotville.

No.93_zps0uy6somy.jpg

Using this incredibly detailed kit I got for Xmas from my wife

AMK%20Fouga%20Box_zpsnemol9sv.jpg

There is great internal detail & they give you the option of using transparent fuselage halves so you can see internal detail.  I'll either use one half transparent, or as another modeller did, built it with various access hatches open & an engine out like it is being repaired.

Will probably buy after-market instrument decals & the markings for the Katangese Air Force.

I'm planning on building a portable scale modeling bench. A cabinet/desk combination on casters. It'll have enough drawer space to store all my paints and other building supplies, a side that folds open into a workbench and enough space in the bottom for the airbrush compressor and all the other miscellaneous junk I've accumulated over the years. When I want, I can roll it out to wherever I want to work, open it up, roll up the computer chair and build away. When I'm done, I'll close it all up and roll it back in the corner. It should be quite the space saver and everything I need will be on hand, which will beat finding something 3 weeks after the fact and realizing I could have used that on a project.

Beyond that, who can say. The WW I Theme Build continues and I'm considering a 1957 Chevrolet Theme Build (sub-theme, perhaps) as well.

Ken

I plan to finish up building the 1/48th set of Century Series jets. I just finished an F-100 and now I working on an RF-101B.

I also plan to finish up a 1/48th Mig-31, Tornado ADV, AH-64, RF-4B, and probably another Soviet/Russian jet

1/32nd F-14A

1/200 C-141B

1/144 B737-800.

- Matt

"Black" MD500 assigned to Project Seaspray, circa 1988, using the upcoming 1/35 KH MH-6J as the basis for the model (assuming it's released in time, if not, I'll probably opt for the Dragon H-6).

The 1/35 KH UH-1H Huey if it ends up getting released in 2017

1/35 Trumpeter BMP-2

Trying to finish a 1/72 P2V Neptune.  It's been going fairly well, but it just seems like a lot of work for some reason.  I'd like to get it done by Spring.  

In general, I'd like to finish a lot of started-but-unfinished models in 2017.  That doesn't mean I won't start some new projects, too, though.  

My plans for 2017.  

Complete my Bandai AT-ST and Zvezda Pe-2

1/48 Monogram P-40 for the Classic GB

1/35 OH-58

1/48 Hobbyboss Super Tucano

1/48 AMK Fouga Magister

1/48 Trumpeter MiG-23

1/48 Special Hobby D XXI

Others I would like to do

1/48 Tamiya F-14

1/48 Eduard MiG-21

1/35 Tamiya M16