What builds are you planning in 2017?

Oddly enough I have no aircraft planned so far for 2017. I have my Russian T-90 to finish, then I am doing an M977 HEMTT, followed by an M1070 tractor and M1000 trailer complete package (...to haul the M977...), and hopefully get cracking on my AFV HEMTT M983 Tractor and M901 launching system. All BIG kits that should be fun!

Cheers!

Don

On 29.12.2016 at 5:26 AM, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

I am a bit of a fast builder, averaging about one every 3 weeks. With that logic in hand, I hope to knock out 17 next year (all 1/48 scale):

What are you, some sort of modeling superman?

2017 is the year that I hope to have the Atlantic Fleet side of my "one of each tail code, AA to NP" done. Then I will role into the NA to NP Pacific half of the set, which is slightly smaller than the Atlantic. I hope to have the whole set done for the end of 2018. Then I can go back to "one of each squadron" again.

I have all of the models, almost all of the decals that have been commercially available,,,,,and have only a few that I need to make my own decals for.

I know that there will be distractions,,,,,,,I am also addicted to the Trainers. There are also some kits announced for 2017 that might jump onto the bench right after purchase. But "the theme" will be on the bench at the same time, even if I am building an F-4K.

New Years' Resolution, in a word: DISCIPLINE!!! I'm still knocking away at a Monogram F-100D; when that's done there is a part-started F/A-18D ATARS (Hasegawa + Wolfpack) I really want to see finished.

Uhm...that's 2017 spoken for, then! :closedeyes:

Well, have to finish the current builds first, a 1/48 RF-84, and two 1/72 A-7E's. After that I have a Fw-200 and a Tu-2 planned, both 1/72. I also want to build that 1/72 Ventura in the stash, and maybe pick something from the shelf of doom. Maybe something for the helo GB, and of course something nice for the Luftwaffe GB. Ooooh, and that new Tamiya Hien is tempting, too

So many options...

Edited by Pete
Lemurs jaywalking everywhere
7 hours ago, Berkut said:

What are you, some sort of modeling superman?

Modeling Superman?  Hardly LOL.  That would be "Wardog" or "Phantom" on this site. 

I am just an average modeller that gets consistent bench time each day (1-2 hours) with lots of interests and builds mostly OOB.  That is why I am able to build a lot.

In early 2017, I am going to finish my Trumpeter Seahawk 100. Then I am going to finish my Draken that has been sitting on the desk for a little while. My plan is finish my Mig-23 , Mig-21, C-45F in Canadian markings. I want to start a CF-104D as well as a A-37B. There could be a few more that I start but may have to finish in 2018.Too many kits not enough time. 

Just started on the Kinetic Sea Harrier FRS.1. 

Other visions for 2017 the I'd like to accomplish;

1/48 Hobbyboss A-6A Intruder (VA-196 in honor of an old friend)

1/48 NF-104A conversion.

1/48 VF-1 Wolfpack F-14A , first cruise early Tomcat.

1/48 Blue Angels C-130 "Fat Albert" (I need a bigger house...)

1/48 B-29 "Enola Gay"...yeah, I need a bigger house.

I'd be happy with getting those done.

Other hobby related goals ? Sell off some of the Stash Monster. I've never been a math genius, but I can figure out this equation pretty easily...

My plan to build something starts the minute I finish the one on the bench which is currently a Has. 1/48 tomcat.  Seeing that it is giving me a hard time, I might try the Tamiya kit for a break next.

On 12/28/2016 at 8:26 PM, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

I am a bit of a fast builder, averaging about one every 3 weeks. With that logic in hand, I hope to knock out 17 next year (all 1/48 scale):

I should be able to build that quickly, as I also build OOB, and have enough free time.  I also don't weather my planes, although I'm going to try to do so on my current project.

Regarding the original question, I want to finish the current project (Hasegawa 1/48 Bf 109K-4), which is at the decaling stage.  I hope to complete at least one kit each month, but I don't know what those kits will be.  That being said, I started a Hasegawa 1/48 Ki-100 yesterday, and have pulled a Dragon 1/35 Panther Ausf. F off the shelf.  Not sure if I'll start it though.

I tend to take it one kit at a time, and the plan changes occasionally.

1. Hasegawa 1:48 F-14A Tomcat

2. Tamiya 1:48 P-47D Thunderbolt

3. Hasegawa 1:48 F-22A Raptor

Thats as far as I typically like to plan ahead.  And maybe I'll substitute one of those for a Tamiya 1:48 F-16C Fighting Falcon.