1/76 Flakpanzer - Arii's failure out of box

Sometimes, getting what you wished for isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. While I’m not a hardcore armour modeller in the sense that I go out and get all kinds of fancy aftermarket stuff, I still like my tanks to at least be half-decent kits to start with. I also like them in small scale, so that’s why I’ve gravitated towards the old Matchbox and Fujimi 1/76 models. They’re small, well-detailed enough and simple enough to be fun.

However, I was hoping I’d be able to find a Flakpanzer IV for my collection. I hadn’t been able to find a record of such a kit in 1/76, so you can imagine how pleased I was to find out that there was indeed a model of it in this old scale! The kit I found was made in Japan by Arii, and it was even a “diorama set” as it proclaimed on the box!

The problem is that the kit is not quite up to the standards I’m used to on armour, and as you have read, my standards aren’t particularly high. Follow the link below to see what this kit is like, and why you should never buy one, given the chance!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/arii-176-flakpanzer-iv-wirbelwind-oob/

wirbelwind-oob-001.jpg?w=240

Edited by Faust