LF Cutting Edge Decals 48-226 & 48-267 (Corsairs)

Hello again everyone,

I've been out of modeling for almost a decade now, but I still have my 27 kit stash in the attic that I will get to.....someday.  I am looking for two old Cutting Edge decal sheets in 1/48th scale.

48-226, which includes several of Boynton's Corsairs

48-267, which includes a Korean War-era VMF-214 F4U-4B.

Anyone have one or both of these for sale?

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Chappie

7 hours ago, Scooby said:

You can find the same Boyington's Corsairs on this decal sheet from Fundekals:

http://fundekals.com/corsair_48_72.html

Hi Scooby,

I did notice some similarities between the sheets, but the Fundekal sheet does not include #86 or #915.  It is an amazing sheet though.  Extremely detailed.  It even includes and aircraft from little-known VMF-441.  It was recently discovered that the F4U-1A BuNo 17799 at the Planes of Fame Museum saw combat with that squadron in 1943.

Chappie

3 hours ago, Chappie said:

Hi Scooby,

I did notice some similarities between the sheets, but the Fundekal sheet does not include #86 or #915.  It is an amazing sheet though.  Extremely detailed.  It even includes and aircraft from little-known VMF-441.  It was recently discovered that the F4U-1A BuNo 17799 at the Planes of Fame Museum saw combat with that squadron in 1943.

Chappie

You know 86 wasn't his aircraft though correct? It was a random aircraft chosen for publicity pictures between tours.

Boyington truly didn't have an assigned aircraft, just a few he flew more often than others. Bruce Gambles book details the serial numbers for his second tour. 

The Fundekal sheet features a few of those.

I have both the Cutting Edge and Fundekal sheet. At one time I had two of the Cutting Edge sheets.

I do know about the Planes of Fame Corsair's history.

20 hours ago, Scooby said:

You know 86 wasn't his aircraft though correct? It was a random aircraft chosen for publicity pictures between tours.

Boyington truly didn't have an assigned aircraft, just a few he flew more often than others. Bruce Gambles book details the serial numbers for his second tour. 

The Fundekal sheet features a few of those.

I have both the Cutting Edge and Fundekal sheet. At one time I had two of the Cutting Edge sheets.

I do know about the Planes of Fame Corsair's history.

Oh yeah, I know #86 wasn't Pappy's aircraft and that is was only used as a publicity prop, but it does hold a place in Black Sheep history.  I bought Bruce Gamle's "Swashbucklers and Black Sheep" last year and it is what sparked a renewed interest in 214.

Chappie