Ok, for my entry in the Helicopter Group Build I'll be using the 1/48 Sea King from Hasegawa.

NNSCMei.jpg

I will probably fold the rotors for display space but that hasn't been finalized.  Decals are still undecided as of yet.  I do have a little display base idea that I will add to the helicopter.  I did a little cockpit work prior to heading out and will get that posted later.  Hopefully I can get the interior all buttoned up next time I'm home.

Alright...

First thing I did was a quick tape up of the fuselage.  I always do that for inspiration as well as to satisfy my curiosity of basic fit and size.  Fit looks really good.

SJVJlOB.jpg

I decided to build up the major cockpit components before paint.  I may regret this but I think it will work well here.

QxWTFMm.jpg

Then I laid down a base grey.

wyH7zWC.jpg

That's all for now.  Hopefully I'll get some updates done next week.  I'm really excited about this one!

Back home but not much to report.  I grabbed some pieces to paint black while I was painting my Thunderbolt.

dDHHJZu.jpg

I hope to spend time tomorrow detail painting the cockpit.  My goal is to have the fuselage halves together by the time I headid back to work.

Looks like the T-Bolt is on it's legs. Which kit is it?

Did you use Tamiya Extra Thin Cement to attach to windows on the Sea King?

Always liked the looks of the Sea King, may have to do one for this GB.

Mike

Thanks guys.  It's not a horribly complicated kit as long as you dry fit and not rush.  It'll slow down a bit now that I'm cleaning some panels and painting my Jug.  For my first helicopter, I'm finding it to be quite enjoyable.  I may just need to build another one 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, falcon20driver said:

Cockpit painting progressing...

ssGD9pK.jpg

It's not 100% accurate but it looks the part.

Wow! the seats and those instruments looking good, that what I'll try to do on my Sea Horse! :thumbsup:

let_models,