Thanks guys.  Still contemplating the colors...

I got the sponsons on after a lot of trouble.  Why? Because I rushed and thought Hasegawa screwed up and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't fit flush against the fuselage.  Come to find out, the real things don't either!  So I had to go back and use plastic rod and remake the mounts, which took a lot of fiddling to get something resembling correct.  I think a bit more clean up and painted will hide most of my sins, and hopefully it doesn't knock the gear out of alignment. 

nQdbkfm.jpg

6OGIpab.jpg

44 minutes ago, AndrewPerren said:

Good save on the glass.  I remember when I built my Sea King I kept the sponsons off as a subassembly to aid painting.  Brass pins brought it all together when done.

That was my plan, till I screwed them up.  It's tricky trying to learn how to build these helicopters.  I should have my decals finalized next time I'm home.

I believe I'll be going with HS-11 as my scheme.  Simple, classic Sea King markings.  These were graciously sent to me by SonyKen.  Unfortunately, progress will be slowing a lot right now as I'm starting a new job so I won't have as much time as previously for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...