Bell UH-1D VX-6 1970 1/48 Italeri

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Giving this some TLC Fitting out the cabin More ( hopefully) soon It has been years since I built a Helo but am loving this . Thanks for looking in 

Martin H

fWYPUXy.jpg

Edited by Grandboof

Good start but before you get too far, while the instrument console between the seats is black, the instrument panel itself is the same grey as interior with black instruments and some white and red switches but the coaming over the panel is flat black not grey like you have (although you may not have painted same yet of course). There are shots of the instrument panel in the Helicopter section here in a thread on Huey interior colours. All the kits get this wrong, even printing all black instrument panel decals so I'm sure you are following the kit but I thought I'd let you know. HTH

:cheers:

Bruce

P.S. Not sure which scheme you have picked (Navy?) but the day-glo orange/red (FS38903) is not well depicted on the MAX instructions (I have the 1/72 ones). It is available in Humbrol (209) or Vallejo (70.733 (207)) and is a shocking colour that will require a good white primer undercoat to be of any use.... 

Edited by RCAFFAN

Thanks Bruce It will be the Navy one I will be revisiting the crew seats { mostly the seatbelts } and the instrument panels . Appreciate the heads up one the colours 

The Humbrol 209 I have refuses to mix Hopefully just a dodgey batch. Will buy more and try again . Thanks again for looking Hopefully this won't disappoint ;

Martin H

• 3 weeks later...

A little more progress Cabin interior done. Should have fuselage closed up soon .Still trying to make the deadline. Thanks for looking in 

Martin H 

YVlMcCG.jpg

Edited by Grandboof
  • 2 years later...