1/48 Testors/Fujimi AH-1S

A little progress...not too worried about extra detail as this will be OOB build. Dry brushed a bit and pencil to highlight instruments:

Resized_20170103_005034.jpeg

Cockpit is bare but I can live with that, moving right along 

20170103_014631_001_1483431227594.jpeg

Not too much work done, cleaning up cockpit and attached top ...a bit fiddly with the alignment, I think I may just have to scratch some seat belts just to add a little flavor to the plain seats, hmmm. Still undecided on markings- I'm thinking of fixing up my TOWS as unloaded or empty, something about that look that I dig. Hmmm

Resized_20170103_183423.jpeg

Edited by B-ONE27

Got some scribe work on the Snake, next is some filling and sanding and finish masking the greenhouse, and a little more scribing Not too bad of a fit job overall for a older kit.

Resized_20170107_134508.jpeg

Still trying to source some Army reserve markings for it.

Only know the Monogram Cobra until now. This kit looks a bit more basic. What have you done with the seat belts? Lately I put some Eduard seat belts for a UH-1Y into my Mono Cobra. But I am afraid that hint is too late for your project?

20170115_140352.jpg

Thanks Gents for the comments. I'm not very familiar with the cobra subvariants so I'm learning as I go. TobiK you are absolutely correct it is a very basic kit. I took the easy way out and added some Tamiya F-16 kit decals for the seatbelts. Next is working on loadout and cleaning up and sanding/ smoothing/filling.

Edited by B-ONE27
7 hours ago, falcon20driver said:

Nice, clean looking build.

Thanks falcon20driver,  much appreciated. Hoping to have it ready for paint in a couple days. Working on trying to get some decals to cobble together to try make a NJ-NG bird(fond memories of them as a kid flying out of Mercer Airport in West Trenton, NJ) if that doesn't work I'll settle for another unit. Rotorwash would you happen to know which version the NJ-NG flew? I was under the impression they were S models but I have a feeling they were F's. 

Edited by B-ONE27

Your build is looking great! I commend you on re-scribing it. I dread having to do that, seems I end up making more work for myself when I do.

Look forward to seeing it painted.

How's the F-5 coming along?  

Mike 

• 5 weeks later...

Couple of quick pictures, lighting not great and using my phone, I will have to take some more tomorrow. Fresh out the paint barn and because photobucket was having some issues I haven't been able to post. Anywho,  I'm almost at the finish line. The kit was fun to build,  and few hiccups here and there...thanks Floyd for the info and hookup on the stencils. Mask just off and now cleanup. Mike the F-5 is nearing completion as well, thanks for the words guys.

Resized_20170219_212049.jpeg

20170219_214035_1487558474658.jpeg

20170219_213804_1487558492028.jpeg

Last couple of quick pictures before I wrap this build up and post in the hangar. The markings are some creative license...put together to depict a guard bird, so it's not 100% accurate but I will have a SNAKE on my shelf...to be continued...

Resized_20170224_213232_001.jpeg

20170224_220526_1487992615061.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

23 minutes ago, Ichitoe said:

That Snake will look great in the display case!

Mike

Thanks Mike, looking forward to seeing your WHISKEY completed..like you I have to work on the step at my canopy/ fuselage mating, and add some weathering and paint chipping here and there and I can jump back into my VFC111 bird!

• 2 months later...

Almost lost my MOJO on this one, sat for a whIle but I'm calling this done. Going to add a bit more wash and this is done. Took a couple quick pics while grilling out tonight.  I'll post a few more in the hangar later.

20170430_191144_1493604848544.jpeg

20170430_191239_1493604831221_1.jpeg