I'm surprised that I haven't see a thread on this topic?  Looks like ZM is working on a 1/32 line of phantoms.  Great to see!  I have the 1/48 kit and it looks spectacular but I've always wanted to do an accurate F-4S in 1/32.

"And………………………………….!!!

These machines will be finally made into SWS 1/32 scale kits!! Both are way under development and, needless to say, will be reproduced as SWS standard models with their extreme level of details!

And these two aircrafts are proceeding simultaneously!! Japanese aircraft fans, German aircraft fans and you, every-kind-of-airplane freak just like me, get ready for some restless nights from this day on!

One more dream of yours is coming true. Enjoy the prior taste of SWS kits as much as you can."

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_089.html

And………………………………….!!!

These machines will be finally made into SWS 1/32 scale kits!! Both are way under development and, needless to say, will be reproduced as SWS standard models with their extreme level of details!

And these two aircrafts are proceeding simultaneously!! Japanese aircraft fans, German aircraft fans and you, every-kind-of-airplane freak just like me, get ready for some restless nights from this day on!

One more dream of yours is coming true. Enjoy the prior taste of SWS kits as much as you can.

read carefully....it's referring to the 2 German aircraft pictured, NOT the F-4.......

Hmmm...  You're probably correct, but seems like an awkward transition. Given how successful the 1/48 J has been and how much they've invested in the research, seems like a bigger version is likely. 

not at all, it becomes clear..

as stated on FB..

Happy New Year!

VOLKSUSA will continue delivering products and services even more than in 2016 to all scale model fans in 2017 as well!
We will show everyone new line up that scale modeler fans are looking forward to such as the new SWS kits such as the "SWS 1/32 Fw 190 series" "SWS 1/48 F-4S" "SWS 1/32 HENSCHEL Hs 129 B" "SWS 1/32 KAWASAKI KI-45KAI TORYU" etc!
Of course, Facebook we will continuously introduce new information such as release date and more!
Please look forward to VOLKSUSA and ZOUKEI-MURA again this year!

It would be a great idea to scale up the Phantom. They can become the standard for the 32-range then. The Tamiya kit is beautiful but that was released ages ago and technology has leaped forward!!! 

If they do the J/S and B/N series and then the C/D, E/F and Brit-Phantom....OMG!!

Edited by Timvkampen

I wrote to Mr. Shigeta of Z-M before the release of the 1:48 F-4J and asked him if he was going to release the F-4 in 32nd scale and his reply was that it depended on how successful the sales of the 1:48 F-4 was.  I think he will and hopefully it will be an F-4B/N...

It would be neat to see what they could do with the Phantom in 1/32. Full detail inside those little doors on the bottom of the fuselage?  Full duct work and some new magical molding process for perfect intakes?

Then would it be too much to hope for a thin wing RF-4B ?  Marine RF-4Bs would be so cool in 1/32

4 hours ago, galfa said:

Hopefully ZM will fix the rear part of the fuselage shape, just over the jet exhausts, given the quite visible inaccuracy of their 1/48 kit.

Interesting this has already been heavily discussed and dismissed.

check page 4 and Dave Roofs reply with photos of the kit not test shots.

i assume you have discovered something new that's so obvious it slipped through the eyes of the best Phantom guys going?

The fix was already shown to you, Darren.

It was a simple one, just "sand here" and "fill a bit there", and there was a photo at one time in that thread on that site.

That photo was posted by a guy also considered "one of the best Phantom guys",,,,,,,but in the course of the usual back and forth, it got edited out. (a text description saying what to do is still there, though)

This is the same process that happened with the "don't say anything wrong about it" Academy kit when it was new,,,,,,I hope that in two years, you won't be posting about the "hundreds of errors" in this kit also.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, phantomdriver said:

not at all, it becomes clear..

as stated on FB..

Happy New Year!

VOLKSUSA will continue delivering products and services even more than in 2016 to all scale model fans in 2017 as well!
We will show everyone new line up that scale modeler fans are looking forward to such as the new SWS kits such as the "SWS 1/32 Fw 190 series" "SWS 1/48 F-4S" "SWS 1/32 HENSCHEL Hs 129 B" "SWS 1/32 KAWASAKI KI-45KAI TORYU" etc!
Of course, Facebook we will continuously introduce new information such as release date and more!
Please look forward to VOLKSUSA and ZOUKEI-MURA again this year!

a 1/32 scale Phantom for me would be tops, but it's also going to be way too big. Perhaps ZM might do the samething in 1/48th scale? (full SWS) The Hs 129 and the FW190 series interest me, as well as the Toryu. Now where am I going to put these kits????? Let alone pay for them (OH Gad! I may have to get a job!!!)

gary

6 hours ago, Rex said:

The fix was already shown to you, Darren.

It was a simple one, just "sand here" and "fill a bit there", and there was a photo at one time in that thread on that site.

That photo was posted by a guy also considered "one of the best Phantom guys",,,,,,,but in the course of the usual back and forth, it got edited out. (a text description saying what to do is still there, though)

This is the same process that happened with the "don't say anything wrong about it" Academy kit when it was new,,,,,,I hope that in two years, you won't be posting about the "hundreds of errors" in this kit also.

Rex would you mind posting a link to the thread and post your talking about?

If it's the guy on Hyperscale who was referencing the same images as those in the link above they where specifically looking at the test shots as a David discussed in his response.

ie criticising a test shot not the completed final product which WAS significantly altered.

As for hundreds of errors if you read the development of the ZM kit isolated over 150 problems in both the Hasegawa and Academy kits. I'm sure almost all of those are pretty small as I still have my Academy and Hasegawa kits and I'll be happy to build them.

Do you not think it's a great effort to spend time and money to isolate then eliminate issues(however small) to improve the final product and if so to comment on that?

Now I'm sure I can live with almost all of those errors on those kits but I certainly think it's ridiculous we have now had four or five seperate posts criticising the ZM kit referencing a test shot prototype photo none of which relates to the final plastic you get in the box which was proven to have been significantly altered and what appears to look very good.

Its almost like a guy hops on ARC reads something which has already been discussed then thinks wow this new kit has a decent error I'll go post this at(HS, LSP.BM etc) and make a name for myself.

Im more than interested to read if someone has something original with something new to show but can't believe the rehashing of old posts that goes on.

It is in Jeffrey's post in the thread you are talking about. I do agree with you that we can't use pre-production photos to critique a production kit. I also agree that this is the best looking Phantom model produced. (and I have said that before, here on ARC)

At one point, Jeffrey had a photo of a kit in hand, with the two "improvable" areas marked on it, now, it only has the text describing that area,,,,,it once had the "fix" in it, too. http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1483300859/Not+so+black+and+white...

The photo was removed from that post sometime during "Haiku-gate", making fun of all of us that build the most accurate model we can achieve. (the first Haiku thread was moderated out,,,,,now there is a new one, lol)

I think the "fix" post you're referring to is actually this one here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1483319337/The+ZM+engines+are+indeed+mounted+at+the+correct+angle%2C

I don't think the marked horizontal panel line should be moved as indicated, but the area around the marked circle as well as forward (until about the engine mount inspection hatch) and upwards of that (up until the horizontal panel line) should be sanded back smoothly and then the lost vertical panel line needs to re-instated. The tricky bit of course is to get it even on both sides. So while technically it's an easy thing to do (just sanding...) it's not quite so easy to get it right...

in addition to that am I quite sure that ZM did not make substantial shape changes between the photo of the test shot and the final production parts. Detail changes to improve the injection process and surface finish/detail yes, fundamental shapes such as this, I don't think so. The use of that photo as evidence was rightly criticised for showing or proving very little because of poor lighting and overall quality, but that's to do with the photo and its use in this context (and lack of actual plastic in hand), not the subject. Had the same photo with the same poor lighting shown the production model the outcome would have been the same.

Cheers

J

Edited by JeffreyK

Oops, it was Ferdico, not Jeffrey. (sorry to have brought you into this by my error)

Which is why I couldn't find it, lol. Both posts taken together do tell us what is up in that area. And yes, I also agree with Darren that this is not a "real" fatal flaw. Just a glitch.

Still, I will repeat that this is an excellent kit, whether a fix like that is done by a modeler or not. And as I keep saying (in threads over there that get deleted when others attack the idea), knowing about that thing hurts NO ONE. Either choose to fix it or choose to decide it is not a big enough deal, either way, it does not take a single thing away from those that want to discuss to death their own favorite project, but want others to shut up about the subjects that they are passionate about "getting right."

I won't ever understand why these things "shouldn't be" pointed out,,,,,,after all, as I said, it is now open season on "all the many flaws" in the Academy kit,,,,,,and just a short while ago it was "heresy of the highest sort" to say anything bad about that model kit.

This will pass, though,,,,,,and then the Airfix kit will come out in 1/72,,,,,,,and I will try to sit very silently as others "discover" the F-4B/RF-4C tail thing that I was so wrong to mention just a few weeks ago. (if they are nice and crisp, and both in the kit,  I will however cast them and distribute the resin copies throughout my Phantom collection, lol)

I tried to make a comparison with those photos on HS and you do not understand much because the perspective is different...

9zwt1t.jpg

maybe the reason of the confusion is the demarcation paneling line that continues beyond the recess

Anyway I think Ferdico's response was right.

Edited by Alpagueur

Thanks Rex.

Im not sure why there is a comparison being done between two kits.

The comparison should be being done between the kit and the aircraft, 

the assumption the first kit is right is flawed at the most basic level.

A quick flashback to Academygate when comparisons stating the Academy F-4 nose was wrong "because it wasn't the same as Hasegawa's" where found where found wanting when it was shown Hasegawas was wrong when compared against the real aircraft.

Assumptions that previous kits are right are on thin ice in fact any assumption and comparison and conclusion can't be taken seriously until checked against the real aircraft.

As nice as the Hasegawa and Academy F-4's are and I have plenty of them that does not mean they are "completely" accurate as tools for comparison for those who want ultimate accuracy(not me).

Looking at the parts on my ZM F-4's(I have three) I can't see an issue despite how I turn the fuselage parts.

However one thing you can see is the beautiful restrained detail on every frame that really sets itself about the 48th and 32nd pack for that matter.

Its a brilliant piece of model making and every F-4 fan should grab one just to spoil themselves.

One thing I forgot to add is the fact that the final section of fuselage which meets the burner can is a seperate part.

You can actually see the cutout where it's top finishes and the insert which provides the roundness for the burner to pop into.

Some Japanese guys have said the kit is off forgetting to add the final insert and you can see in the photo above the wall of the fuse is only partially round.

When you pop the insert in it creates the flare into the burner can correctly making it more round. This also continues the shoulder flare into the rear fuselage.

I think they did it this way to easily swap from short to long burners as the juncture is different from early to late J-79.

Pretty smart tooling for accuracy and now guys are comparing the fuselages of two kits one missing its last foot and a half which is a seperate part.

IE the red line drops steeper because they are looking at the join on the kit assuming that's where the engine exhaust starts.

3 hours ago, dehowie said:

I think they did it this way to easily swap from short to long burners as the juncture is different from early to late J-79.

this is the first time I hear there is a difference in the rear area above the engines between C/D and J/S... where can we easily see this difference in the juncture? any pics? thanks sir.

forgetting to add the final insert and you can see in the photo above the wall of the fuse is only partially round.

When you pop the insert in it creates the flare into the burner can correctly making it more round. This also continues the shoulder flare into the rear fuselage.

may you indicate this panel to let us understand better?

Edited by Alpagueur

I think it comes to the almost O-ring parts, the thin and delicate ones, with sharper edges and with the small vent on each side, which has a springy effect. This is a brilliant way to minimize the gaps between the nozzles(outer circumference) and the fuselage, and even make it without gaps like on the real plane.

Edited by my favs are F`s