Here is my 1st build 1/72 Italeri UH-34J Sea Horse of this group build. I hope to get it start ASAP.!

For the color I'll used the decal of US Marines of 'Yankee Papa' (YP20) squadron legendary during the VN war, I don't recall were it's come from but it wasn't an after market decals, may be from other old kit I guess?!, Cheer and Happy New Year 2017 with all your guys!!:wave:

let_models,

36592999345_2c85f2ee0f_z.jpgdecal 

Edited by let_models
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in here, because I got an un-expectation demand from my 'superior commander' to take care one of the most 'important mission'

around my house...! you know what I mean, do first then complain later...he he!! :crying:

First thank for the support of 'Falcon20driver'' Grandboot' and Hajo L.', I have some small up date for the build, as you know Italeri kit has some

error on it, and here you go...just fixing them on the week end!

yea! HajoL you reminded me the decal definitely from hobby Boss...

36593001145_bbcc9bf729_z.jpgtrotor 

kit tail rotor reverse of spinning direction:

36593001555_902a4caa53_z.jpgtrotordone 

you're notice even the instruction has error too...!

36592999945_07d19cd600_z.jpgseat 

also I try to work on the pilot seats, removing the kit seat belt and add a custom made one later...

and that's for now guys!

36593000525_ff78471085_z.jpgseat1b 

let_models :)

Edited by let_models
11 hours ago, Tank said:

Good job on the tail rotor. On mine I just off the post and attached it to the other side. To me it was easier then trying to get things correct 4 times. 

011-3.jpg

Yes! that was the quick method same as mine...:wave:

I did some progresses last WE, installed some seat belt for pilots seats and passenger seats , created a cargo net on the back section of fuselage. ( I found a good REF. of H-34 walk around on ARC gallery)

36199223170_8343dc2087_z.jpgcargonet

This is my technique to use paper for it, just cut them off then glue with a small drop of CA on the end first, then randomly bending to simulate a 3D effect...no fancy like photo etch! I think it turned out not too bad...:rolleyes:

cargonet.jpg

36199224080_44d2486b06_z.jpgseatbelts

OK I'll post more work later ...Oh Boy! I have to scratch build the collective sticks next, because the kit didn't have them!! neither of them... event the 1/48 Revell or Gallery or 1/72 Hobby Boss kit...don't have it, Nada..!:sunrevolves:

Question: any one has a clue what is the interior color of the cockpit and cargo compartment on H-34? thank in advance!

let_models, :)

Edited by let_models

Thank for your comment 'falcon20driver' 'tobik' and 'Dutch'... really appreciate it!

I try to scratch build the collective sticks but, after several time trying to do it, I have a feeling my finger was bigger than the parts, that what my fellow  ARC just said…I gave up, because it was small or may be…I’m getting old now, what’s ever the reason is…you know that he he...:sunrevolves:

Here come the rescue solutions: I pulled my re-usable mold making putty out and make a copy for them, also another extra seat for the crew chief… 

copy_colective.jpg

copyseat.jpg

collectives.jpg

36199223310_0cb5a23469_b.jpgcrewseats

Then I added some extra details on the cabin: a rooftop, a mounting bracket for the machine gun,separate the pilot’s windows then on the fuselage added some lines (?) I guess it was hydraulic pipes? (please correct me if wasn’t) by using the tie wrap which you seen them a lot in grocery store...The results turned out not too bad, even ‘my fingers Bigger than the Parts’!! Here you go I hope you’ll like it! :wave:

cutwindow.jpg 

hydrolicwire.jpg

So the IP next, please stay tune for more!

let_models 

Edited by let_models

for those of who interested on the re-usable mold info. it's called 'Oyumaru clay' I got them at eBay...it's very handy when you dealing with a quick process to get copy of the small parts! hope it help! :cheers:

let_models

Edited by let_models
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the kind words, I worked on the IP last WE, but the Super Bowl game keep me interrupt little, back and ford between it…Oh Boy, that’s lady Gaga things he he… :thumbsup: but no issues with that my modification on the IP continued, make it look little more busy, here is the results:

36199223840_ce7d35cb23_b.jpgIP_mod 

Also I did it with the center console:

CNTR_mod.jpg 

I gave them a paint jobs, the modifications was not 100% accuracy but good enough compare with the original kit parts...

IPpaint.jpg 

and that’s all for now hopefully will paint the interior next! :wave:

let_models,

Edited by let_models