Kinetic Sea Harrier FRS.1...Another One In Work

8 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

The Brengun ladder is easy to find...also, Skunk Models makes a Royal Navy deck tractor set that includes the Harrier ladder, as well as several deck figures.

Not that easy down here. I can get it from Hannants, that's the only online place I've found it so far,  but It'll be close to $20 AUD when delivered to me.  

Great work!

I'm also in the "Harrier buisness" lately,despite another version and scale,and the plane can be very nervebreakig in some areas ( air intakes and landing gears in first place),

But you mate solved all easily.

Gianni

Moving along towards completion...I finished up the seat a couple of nights ago. Typically, I'll use a resin replacement seat in most jet aircraft I build, Pavla does a Sea Harrier seat but after reading a couple of other build articles here in the ARC Forums mentioning having to remove the "pedestal" on the cockpit floor, etc.  I decided to just go with the kit seat and make do. This is the kit seat with Milliput headrest, backrest, and seat cushion. The belts are photoetched from the spares box and details from a Kinetic GRU-7 p/e fret. The kit provides decals for the seat, but no mention of these in the instruction sheet.

IMG_3501.jpghost image online

IMG_3502.jpgimage hosting free

I'm pretty happy with how it looks in the cockpit;

IMG_3503.jpgimage hosting 15mb

IMG_3504.jpgimg

IMG_3505.jpgimage upload no ads

Edited by 82Whitey51
12 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

Nice seat Whitely. 

Thanks man! I'm in the same boat as you at this point...ready to be done! I jacked up the paint on the sidewinders while trying out a different wash technique and had to take a pair out of a Tamiya F-16 (Thunderbirds boxing so it wasn't needed there anyway) for a "do-over". Once they're finished, I'll be done.