ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Spectre711

Hasegawa T-33A's in 1/72

This kit has aged really well. Shape and dimensions are generally accurate, from what I've been told. It's a quick fun build too.

Not sure of the vintage of the boxings since they are bagged but they look pretty good.  I'm hoping to hit 2017 running with the modeling.

Oh, it's old. 70s for sure maybe first done in the 60s! Built dozens of those back in the day.

Oh, I know it's a vintage kit but just not the boxings.  Scalemates has the original boxing as 1969.  They are bagged and came with Hasegawa and AMT decals but I plan on using Caracal ones instead.

Sounds good, doubt those old decals would have worked anyway. Caracal has come up with some pretty nice sheets.

Before you get too far in have a good look at the nose gear bay will need a gap filled Also the forward IP may cause some problems . Good luck will be watching 

Martin H

Gave up on fixing the nose gear for a while and sprayed some 36473.  I have ti figure a fix for the nose gear that will hold.

IMG_20170326_141547297_HDR_zps2pnbgs3f.j

Edited by Spectre711

When I did my T-33 for the Far Out Far East GB I Placed a piece of scrap cut roughly ( most of my efforts fit this description)to shape using the upper part of existing bay molding as a attachment point about 2/3 along towards the rear and blocked in the rear end with putty.This did leave a ridge but I could live with that better than the great hole . Hope this helps. Will be watching your solution with interest .Both models are looking great .

Martin H

The problem i actually having is that both front landing gear are broke.  I repair them with cement but after a week they are broken again.

Could always just build it "in flight".

That was probably one of the best presents I ever got as a kid and it's still being used.

Edited by Spectre711

It was just a matter of time before that wheel came off again.  I'm going to leave it off till everything is done.

IMG_20170815_164117939_HDR.jpg