ARC Discussion Forums
Grandboof

Frog Miles Master III 1/72

Guessing this passes as a classic Will be mostly OB Maybe a couple of Basic IPs .Now for what's in the box Sunglasses on 

Martin H 

DSCN0439_zpspba9dlcp.jpg

I love a good cbk, and this one ranks quite highly

No idea how old that is, but it sure looks the part! Keep at it.

This kit was issued in this boxing in 1963 . Thanks for helping out Phantom 

Martin H

Well it's started Closed up waiting for insertion of scratch build items from underneath . First front IP from I-16 uc door ( foreground )

The fit was surprisingly good considering the age of this kit.I won't be overly detailing  Pin marks will cleaned up

Thanks for looking  

Martin H  

DSCN0450_zpsmv6cdzwd.jpg

Edited by Grandboof

Good, boy that does look like a FROG kit.

Finally got around to some modelling . I decided to add the crew for two reasons 1 To cover the ejector pin marks and 2 Because way back when it's the way it used to be. Basic detail painting is done Two IPs made from scrap . The parts fit is good so far for kit of this age. More soon . Thanks for looking

Martin H

DSCN0458_zpssjt5eobu.jpg 

Just a quick update Cockpit completed not much will show anyway . Wings attached . Very little filler will be required .Thanks for looking  

Martin H 

DSCN0460_zpspynnroko.jpg

Just a little more done .Basic air frame finished . Next quick clean up then primer 

Martin H  

DSCN0463_zpsmuxszqpx.jpg

I'm enjoying this, I've got a couple in stock, one to do as you are & one to convert to a Mk II with a spare Blenheim engine. Its good to see how nicely it goes together.

Steve.

Thanks Steve Glad you're enjoying this Be interested in seeing your Mk II when you build it  

Martin H

It could take a while but it is in the grand plan, there is a grand plan, I'm sure of it. :whistle:

Steve.

Ah yes The Grand Plan subject to wind and new release changes 

Martin H

A bit more colour .Used Humbrol Maskal this time Seems to work ok

Thanks for looking

Martin H

DSCN0475_zpsugco8vud.jpg

Started applying decals The kit ones are showing their age being difficult to remove from the backing paper so I managed to find some replacements in the decal stash.Hopefully a combination of both should work . More soon Thanks for looking 

Martin H 

DSCN0476_zpszohxdcsw.jpg

Down to the last bits and pieces . Clear parts were a little stubborn .Just u/c and final details to go Thanks for looking 

Martin H 

DSCN0478_zpsj12archj.jpg

aLXha4A.jpg............................................................fy3FYHM.jpg3xRlvxC.jpglzxuJ7Q.jpg

Calling this done Will re-post past images when I sought PB out Thanks to the Mods and other participants Thanks for watching 

Martin H

Bit of a thread resurrection here, I haven't been as active over here as I was thanks to the PB shenanigans & the the upgrade hassles the site had, coupled with a hellishing hectic year or two & you get the picture, so I'm having a catch up & pleased I caught up with this, it came up pretty good. A hint that may help with your canopy is to use white glue on it, its good for gap filling & if some goes to far it will dry clear. I attach my canopies with white glue, a clean up with a damp q-tip & when dry, any filled gaps can be touched up with your top colour paints.

Steve.