A 1/48 Fujimi CH-139 Jet Ranger trainer as used by the Canadian Forces back in the eighties. This one is for someone else so it won't be hanging around my house when done.

DSC_0470.jpg

Starting this while the top layer of decals dry on my Enterprise.....cockpit.

DSC_0471.jpg

Lot of brittle broken plastic going to need repair.

DSC_0473.jpg

This one needed some repair to the old broken brittle plastic. So old it could have qualified the the "Classic GB"

DSC_0474.jpg

I have bet you are the first to finish! Nice colorful whirlybird, I remember building a Jetranger in my teenage years from CAF. But paint was grey-green and the kit from ESCI in 1/48.

Looks good! I used to watch the like painted Kiowas buzzing around Portage in '74 when I was in Musketeer servicing. Got my first helo flight on 208 that year and learned about the extreme sensitivity of Kiowa controls!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks, never had experience with the Jet Ranger. But, I did with the Kiowa. Doing causality loading drills, (no hueys available) I had to tackle and hold down a new doctor who almost decapitated himself rushing to the helicopter before I gave the all clear. He wanted me arrested for assault. Ended up getting promoted  (about one week earlier then I would have anyway) for saving his life.