Hase F-4S and F-4E wing swap question

So, I have a high grade Hasegawa 1/48 F-4S (slats) and several of the early F-4E (hard wing) and was wondering if it would be possible to do a wing swap so I can build a hard wing J out of the S and a later version of the F-4E with the slats.

Thanks  

S and E slats are different however most in 48th would have a hard time telling.

and I think the Hasegawa S slats are actually Air Firce style slats but someone with more a Hasegawa memory than me would need to confirm that.

a quick search may find your answer re the Hasegawa S slats being airforce or navy style.

10 minutes ago, dehowie said:

S and E slats are different however most in 48th would have a hard time telling.

and I think the Hasegawa S slats are actually Air Firce style slats but someone with more a Hasegawa memory than me would need to confirm that.

a quick search may find your answer re the Hasegawa S slats being airforce or navy style.

A quick search is anything but! I did and found some conflicting info. Not so much with the wing as it seems to be agreed that the slats are an USAF version but what fits with what.

9 hours ago, dehowie said:

You are right.

Hasegawa released their F-4S, F-4E (with slats) and F-4G with the same wings. It's sprue "M".

The wings are a kind of "hybrid" wings. The slats configuration and the small wing fences are right for a F-4E or F-4G, the bulge on the upper side of the wing is right for the F-4S.

The chord of the slats is wrong for a F-4S! The inner slats as well as the outer ones are different for the Navy F-4! 

Sprue "M" also contains the longer wing fence and the catapult hooks for the F-4S.

I don't know if the Hasegawa "hard wing" F-4E has the same wing sprue as the F-4J, but these wings are - besides the "bulges" - essentially the same. 

With slight modifications a wing swap should be therefore no problem. 

Best Regards,

Jens

21 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

A quick search is anything but! I did and found some conflicting info. Not so much with the wing as it seems to be agreed that the slats are an USAF version but what fits with what.

If you look at Gary Hatherly and GT resins posts at LSP he has some excellent reference photos up on F-4S slats and E as well when he released his resin stuff.

F-4E slats

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=57558

Still looking for the F-4S pics they are in there somewhere.