Anigrand 1/72 Vickers VC-10 Refueller

I had this kit in my stash and finally re-sized and cropped the photos I have of the parts. 

I had been disappointed with Anigrand's products in the past but this one is better than what I was used to.  I did some comparisons of the model with photos and line drawing overlays and it seemed to be pretty accurate in that regard.  My plan is to make it an early BOAC jet...not the Super VC-10 to be sure but that dk blue with gold and gray was one of the nicest looking liveries I ever saw and it seemed perfect for this airplane. 

I will fill in the pax windows and then use a homemade decal to replace them.  Making an oval hole is almost impossible with my limited talents...however, one thought may be to leave them and figure out a way to have the additional windows seem "closed" with the sunshade down.  Not sure.

VC10 01.jpg

Actually there, "Troje", these pics are from 2013.  They have been in my laptop at least that long and I was going through all my files for something else and found them.

The model remains in my stash and I thank you muchly for the link.  Yeah, seems the nose/cockpit is "Anigrand-esque" and not quite right.  Darn it. 

The VC-10 is a sharp bird though and I remember flying on one to Libya in 1968.  Airfix had a kit of that very plane and I must've built it five times as a kid.   I found one for FlightSim also and flew it around some, seeing how accurate the performance and range numbers were for it.  It was fun.

It's in the stash for my retirement years.

21 hours ago, VADM Fangschleister said:

Actually there, "Troje", these pics are from 2013.  They have been in my laptop at least that long and I was going through all my files for something else and found them.

The model remains in my stash and I thank you muchly for the link.  Yeah, seems the nose/cockpit is "Anigrand-esque" and not quite right.  Darn it. 

The VC-10 is a sharp bird though and I remember flying on one to Libya in 1968.  Airfix had a kit of that very plane and I must've built it five times as a kid.   I found one for FlightSim also and flew it around some, seeing how accurate the performance and range numbers were for it.  It was fun.

It's in the stash for my retirement years.

You had my hopes up that some model work was starting in the Fangshleister household during the cold winter months over there, oh well, I know you have other projects to go on with :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...