1 minute ago, Hoops said:

I think the B-52 is supposed to be the first out, this spring I believe?

Hoops

37 minutes ago, markiii said:

I ordered one from Model collect when they had a pre-order price of $69.99. Hopefully better than Testors.

You hope it'll be better than Testors, I don't think you have anything to worry about there!  LOL. Just go to the website and look at the  cad''s.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, a little reality check here!  Last post was July 2016.  Has anyone purchased this kit?  Has anyone received this kit yet?

I just checked the Modelcollect website and the B-52H (UA72200) is priced at $99.99 and availability is listed as: "Out of stock."  The B-2 (UA72201) is priced at $149.99 with Qty: 56 in stock for "pre-order."  The B-52G (UA72202) is priced at $119.99 with Qty 87 in stock for "pre-order."  Shipping via China Air Mail to the USA is $27.99. 

When I last previously checked the Modelcollect website sometime in October, I thought I saw a sizeable discount for pre-order on the B-2 kit.  Does Modelcollect not offer this anymore?

Concerning the preorders, the first 100 were available at the $69.00, then another 100 available at $89.00, and then another 100 available at $129.00. Once those were all taken, the price went up to $149.00.

If you weren't one of the first 300 to preorder, you get the normal retail price.

None of the kits are released yet, the Modelcollect Facebook page is updated more often than the website. The B-52s will be first, one of them G or H, I don't know because I didn't pay close enough attention is supposed to be out this spring. That will be followed by the other version. Then sometime later in 2017 the B-2 will come out. Before the end of the year they also announced a B-1B in 1/72, I would imagine that will be sometime later down the road, 2018 or the like.

Cheers,

Hoops

IIRC it was stated they aim for April release of B-2. But before that happens, they need to fix some serious shapes issues in the CAD. But they are aware of the issues and seem to be willing to fix them.

• 11 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, Dutch said:

Okay, a little reality check here!  Last post was July 2016.  Has anyone purchased this kit?  Has anyone received this kit yet?

I just checked the Modelcollect website and the B-52H (UA72200) is priced at $99.99 and availability is listed as: "Out of stock."  The B-2 (UA72201) is priced at $149.99 with Qty: 56 in stock for "pre-order."  The B-52G (UA72202) is priced at $119.99 with Qty 87 in stock for "pre-order."  Shipping via China Air Mail to the USA is $27.99. 

When I last previously checked the Modelcollect website sometime in October, I thought I saw a sizeable discount for pre-order on the B-2 kit.  Does Modelcollect not offer this anymore?

Okay, another reality check here!  It's 2 January 2018 and still no Modelcollect 1/72 B-52G or B-52H.  I do not have Facebook, so can't check their FB page for announcements.  I mean, I've had this kit on backorder since 20 Jan 2017 from Hobby Search Japan.  No joy.  I have since settled on the AMT/ERTL 1/72 B-52G with Buffmaster mods for updates and wing pylons. Hopefully, HSJ will cancel my backorder.

On a positive note, I see that Modelcollect finally released the B-2.

R/

Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Just for clarity.  The B-2 is now released and available.  I was one of the early batch of pre-orders (between 101 and 200) and physically have the kit in my hands.  I haven't built anything on it yet, but other than a little heavy panel lines (not horrible though), looks like a very nice kit in the box.  The B-52 is next up for release, but I'm not sure of the planned date.  They have announced a B-1B also, but this is later down the pipeline.  

4 hours ago, ESzczesniak said:

Just for clarity.  The B-2 is now released and available.  I was one of the early batch of pre-orders (between 101 and 200) and physically have the kit in my hands.  I haven't built anything on it yet, but other than a little heavy panel lines (not horrible though), looks like a very nice kit in the box.  The B-52 is next up for release, but I'm not sure of the planned date.  They have announced a B-1B also, but this is later down the pipeline.  

From what I have seen of the kit (photos) it looks like the MSRP is awful high for what the finished product is going to look like. And your right, the panel lines look like a 1/72 figure could jam their fist into it.

I'm building the kit now. yes its better then the Testor's kit, but it doesn't really take much to do that.  The photo-etch is a hair wider then the parts that go on and I couldn't make heads or tail of the control sticks.  also there are no positive location points for the the cockpit to the lower fuselage (?). The fit of some parts are hit or miss but the main parts of the wing fit really good and will need a touch of filler.

the one thing I felt let down on was the separate flaps. They are molded to be in the up position and will require work to lower them. As for the engines, intake and exhaust trunks, I don't know, I think their guess is as good as yours.

1 hour ago, Vince Maddux said:

I'm building the kit now. yes its better then the Testor's kit, but it doesn't really take much to do that.  The photo-etch is a hair wider then the parts that go on and I couldn't make heads or tail of the control sticks.  also there are no positive location points for the the cockpit to the lower fuselage (?). The fit of some parts are hit or miss but the main parts of the wing fit really good and will need a touch of filler.

the one thing I felt let down on was the separate flaps. They are molded to be in the up position and will require work to lower them. As for the engines, intake and exhaust trunks, I don't know, I think their guess is as good as yours.

We got to walk around a B-2 at Whiteman AFB. Guess which two areas we were NOT allowed to photograph?