I'll be doing B-57's - scout's promise. I just need to go through the release list of items I had promised and committed to earlier. Perhaps as early as May-June.

Please do email me whichever schemes, units etc. you'd like to see. 

1 hour ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Vermont :)

The start of my 1/72 build is on hold pending your release :) 

Just this morning I wrote on the 72nd Scale Aircraft forum that Kursad seems to be consistently giving attention to 1/72 scale modelers whenever he can. I go to sleep tonight with great hope in my tiny heart.   :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

My Dad worked in the 4677th DSES out of Westover AFB and then we moved to Malmstrom AFB with the 17th DSES.  I have plans to do a build of planes in 72nd and 48th scale.

Really liked the Bicentennial scheme the 17th had and then the slightly modified version afterwards.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, KursadA said:

I'll be doing B-57's - scout's promise. I just need to go through the release list of items I had promised and committed to earlier. Perhaps as early as May-June.

Please do email me whichever schemes, units etc. you'd like to see. 

Just to let you know, Italeri announced in their 2017 catalog that they are re-releasing it's B-57B kit this year.

• 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Heya Kursad, any updates on this one? (And no worries, I know you've had PLENTY going on, and I'm in no rush; was wondering is all)

Too far from being done, sorry. I will definitely let you know here in this thread when there is any progress.

Just now, KursadA said:

Too far from being done, sorry. I will definitely let you know here in this thread when there is any progress.

Thanks! No rush, as I'm not looking forward to the airframe mods (already have the basic B-57 kit). But, just knowing they're definitely coming at some point is all I needed, for my Vermont ANG history I've been working on. 

:cheers: 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Was looking at my collection of Classic Airframes B-57s and I thought I’d bump this thread.  Still hoping for some Vermont EB-57’s and some Phan Rang B-57’s with nose art.  Maybe even a couple sheets worth of B-57 subjects!  ;)

Corey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd love an EB-57 sheet, but there are no real kits of that version, and the conversion isn't easy. We need some enterprising resin company to release a conversion in conjunction with the decal sheet. Perhaps a package deal.

Edited by Viasistina
  • KursadA changed the title to EB-57http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/296794-eb-57bs/B's ?
1 hour ago, Viasistina said:

I'd love an EB-57 sheet, but there are no real kits of that version, and the conversion isn't easy. We need some enterprising resin company to release a conversion in conjunction with the decal sheet. Perhaps a package deal.

There is a resin conversion!  Lone Star Models does a very nice, very comprehensive EB-57 conversion for the Classic Airframes kit.  I have two lone star conversions, and I would love to do at least one model in Vermont Guard markings.

🙂

Corey

2 minutes ago, Corey said:

There is a resin conversion!  Lone Star Models does a very nice, very comprehensive EB-57 conversion for the Classic Airframes kit.  I have two lone star conversions, and I would love to do at least one model in Vermont Guard markings.

🙂

Corey

...is LoneStar conversion still available?

34 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I will make a B-57 sheet with EB-57 options - promise. It will take a bit more time before I can commit to anything.

Great news Kursad. Thanks for letting us know. It is not as if you have nothing else to do 😁