From Chris's post on Hyperscale today - 'Effective December 31, 2016 Cobra Company was closed.'

😱 😢

This doesn't sound like a short term timeframe.

Hope all is well. Our little market is losing a big player and will be missed.

I spoke with Chris earlier today and yes, Cobra Company is closed permanently.

We have lost a great aftermarket store for helicopter detail sets, especially H-60.

I just hope it had nothing to do with health problems.

Chris, I wish you the best with the rest of your life and THANK YOU!!! for the time we had enjoying Cobra Company's fine detail sets. Don't be a stranger here, please continue to surf ARC, PLEASE!

Tim

Obviously, any one with a heart will wish Chris nothing but the best. On the other hand, I had planned on sending him an order for about $150 worth of goodies, including his CH/MH-53 update sets among others. I was simply waiting for the dust to settle from my pre-holiday spending. Sucks to be me, I should have just bit the bullet.

So if anyone has the CH-53 and/or the MH-53 update sets that they are willing to part with, please drop me a line. Assuming they are complete, I will make it worth your while.

Cobra Company was awesome, and Chris was always a pleasure to deal with. I wish you the best and I hope one day conditions are more than favourable for you so that we can benefit once again from your product line. In the meantime, thanks for the great products and excellent customer service!

-Ramon

Real sad to hear that, nothing best good thoughts for Chris. Hope he'll continue to be a presence here on ARC. I too was just looking at a new project that would have required a bunch of his UH-60 stuff.   Sucks....

For us in the helicopter model community this is really sad news. I am thankful I have a stock of Chris' product but as is normally the case I am still missing some of his latest sets.

Take care Chris and thanks for providing us helicopter addicts some very fine sets to feed our modelling needs. You will be missed.

Hopefully the masters will be sold off. One company has asked and another hinted publicly about purchasing them. There is probably a few more privately, so hopefully they will not be lost forever.

Bad news indeed.

Hope the masters will be taken over by another company, but more importantly, hope it doesn't mean anything bad/wrong for Chris. 

No, not asking for details, not my business. Just thinking beyond the selfish modeling approach here. 

I ordered some stuff just before Christmas and the courier just confirmed delivery on Monday, so it looks like I just got in under the wire.

Would have bought more if I'd known it was my last chance.

Strange, usually shops make a clearance sale before they close and also announce that sale. So they get rid of the goods, make money and the customers have a last chance to fill their stash. But that did not happen in that case!? 

What is also strange, when I looked for CC products at Hannants and aero-spezial-modellbauversand.de there was NO (zero, nothing), not even one CC product in the catalogs. That is strange...even when a company, e.g. Afterburner (also closed months ago), is shuting down, there are still products out at the dealers and it is still for sale until gone. But not in this case.

22 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Strange, usually shops make a clearance sale before they close and also announce that sale. So they get rid of the goods, make money and the customers have a last chance to fill their stash. But that did not happen in that case!? 

What is also strange, when I looked for CC products at Hannants and aero-spezial-modellbauversand.de there was NO (zero, nothing), not even one CC product in the catalogs. That is strange...even when a company, e.g. Afterburner (also closed months ago), is shuting down, there are still products out at the dealers and it is still for sale until gone. But not in this case.

You don't get a choice sometimes when it is your health.

Floyd

Hello has all.
I am disappointed to learn that chris has of to close his company, I had been sad has to have these kits for huey for me, French and eventually had them, I am happy to have them now, I just missed the backdate of the huey.
Really saddened for him, he makes some good work.
Phil.

Hopefully we will see someone pick up the moulds and keep producing at least some of the product line.   Can't believe he would simply toss them out along with all his inventory.   Also, if I recall, CC closed once before.  Was supposed to be permanent and within a few months, they were back in operation.   Maybe that will happen again?  It could at least explain why he didn't unload everything.  

If this stuff ever comes back into production, I won't make the same mistake.   I'l be purchasing everything I even remotely think I would need in the future (at this point mostly Blackhawk bits).  

Edited by 11bee

He DID have a small sale though before xmas.

I am very saddened that he had to close, I have a few of his sets, and could do with quite a few more, as a matter of fact I have a good list of additions I need, unfortunately money is a little thin at the moment. However I hope he recovers from his Illness, and perhaps he can get a little prosperity from selling his masters, we'll all recognize where they came from.

All the best Chris!

Harald