I'm curious if Mike or anyone else is picking up the molds.   Or did he just purchase whatever CC had for inventory?     

Many times when someone drops out of the industry, someone else sees an opportunity.   Hoping this will be the case here.   

Edited by 11bee
3 hours ago, 11bee said:

I'm curious if Mike or anyone else is picking up the molds.   Or did he just purchase whatever CC had for inventory?     

Many times when someone drops out of the industry, someone else sees an opportunity.   Hoping this will be the case here.   

Oh we see the opportunity but on my front I don't have the financial means to purchase Cobra Company as I wanted to do.  Unfortunate timing with my daughter's wedding.  I tried to buy it lock, stock and barrel, but couldn't make it happen.  Sorry guys. 

I believe Mike just picked up the remaining inventory and is selling it.

Floyd

5 hours ago, phantomdriver said:

I hope he did, there was a load of stuff which he wouldn't sell to anyone outside the US

You are mistaken. Cobra Company shipped world wide to any country for the past 4 years. Apparently you didn't ask.

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake
1 minute ago, phantomdriver said:

Actually, when I  tried to put an order in 2 years ago  I was told" no shipping to Europe,".. so I never bothered in the end...

I find that hard to believe. As many people from all over the world found, it was expensive to ship internationally. That stopped most people from following through. The last customer we served from the UK was in December. He was willing to pay for what he wanted.

Chris M

5 hours ago, 11bee said:

Mike did not buy the molds. The value is in the masters, not the molds. Taking the molds would have required Mike having to make a trip here to pick them up. There is a difference in the way we each chose to make production. I made multiple gang molds for building inventory and replacing it. Mike does not use the same way and the existing molds did not suit his aims. The molds have been disposed of. Most of them were in need of replacement.

Chris M

that's where I am, I was disappointed..... it was the only lace I could go for  my Cobra update, and just to be told, that along the 

lines of"... too much risk of chargebacks/ non delivery..."..

I thought.. "Well, I don't complain if I get what I want...and to tar me with the same brush like I'm untrustworthy, not my way of doing business.."

11 minutes ago, Chief Snake said:

I find that hard to believe. As many people from all over the world found, it was expensive to ship internationally. That stopped most people from following through. The last customer we served from the UK was in December. He was willing to pay for what he wanted.

Chris M

That customer would probably be me, then !

Yes, the shipping was expensive - but I was willing to pay to receive the items I wanted.

Now I've just got to do justice to the quality of the resin by making a decent job of the model myself !

Keith

2 minutes ago, Piker38 said:

That customer would probably be me, then !

Yes, the shipping was expensive - but I was willing to pay to receive the items I wanted.

Now I've just got to do justice to the quality of the resin by making a decent job of the model myself !

Keith

Yes, you're that customer. You were not alone, just the last one. And the replacement part you needed has been posted.

CM

24 minutes ago, phantomdriver said:

that's where I am, I was disappointed..... it was the only lace I could go for  my Cobra update, and just to be told, that along the 

lines of"... too much risk of chargebacks/ non delivery..."..

I thought.. "Well, I don't complain if I get what I want...and to tar me with the same brush like I'm untrustworthy, not my way of doing business.."

There existed a span of time between 2010 and 2012 when an alarming number of shipments to the UK disappeared into thin air and customers made charge backs against Cobra Company for the "losses". It became known to us that unscrupulous buyers in the UK, and many other countries, knew that there was no method of verifying or tracking international shipments. Those same people knew that when using their credit card to buy something required the seller to guarantee delivery. When a shipment can't be verified the seller has no choice other than to have the charge taken back and therefore suffers a loss. So for a time we would only do business overseas when the buyer made payment using Western Union. Not a pleasant way, but still a way. When buyers wanted only to use credit and we refused they took that to mean no shipping internationally. In 2013 the USPS implemented accountability measures that allowed an alleged loss to be tracked down. From that point on we sent anything wanted and paid for using a credit card to anyone who order from everywhere. Seems some people never got the word. So for a time, the many suffered for the misdeeds of the few. And how does one predict who is trustworthy and who is not?

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake
40 minutes ago, Chief Snake said:

Chris M

Not hard to believe at all, as late as 2014 CC refused to sell me products as well on the same grounds of non delivery, charge backs and payment issues. The twice I actually got CC products it was down to Fireball Modelworks and a fellow member on here living in the USA acquiring them for me, then forwarding them on.

Any how that's in the past and hopefully the sets will continue to be available from other sources in the future.

Edited by scotthldr

Hi gang,

Here in France Cobra Company was easily available from two shops :

Kit Dicount : http://www.kits-discount.com/fr/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?category=&name=&sku=&manufacturer=251&echelle=&type_article=

Master194 : http://master194.com/prestashop/index.php?id_manufacturer=82&controller=manufacturer

Good luck my friends

Patrick

2 hours ago, scotthldr said:

Not hard to believe at all, as late as 2014 CC refused to sell me products as well on the same grounds of non delivery, charge backs and payment issues. The twice I actually got CC products it was down to Fireball Modelworks and a fellow member on here living in the USA acquiring them for me, then forwarding them on.

Any how that's in the past and hopefully the sets will continue to be available from other sources in the future.

and there you have it.. in a nutshell....

Chris I appreciate you sharing some history as well as the current status. At least this way I am hopeful that someday in the future I will be able to pick up some of your newer sets such as the MV-22 and SH-2.

You were around a long time and to be such a leader in the model helicopter community in regards to quality of your update sets is a testament to your wonderful product. Thanks again.

Personally I just wish I knew how they did it. Sculpey (caustic to plastic I discovered) then casting? I've been wanting to cast a more detail interior set for the Huey myself.

CC48028 Best aftermarket I ever bought is how I felt and man was I on cloud 9 when it arrived in the mail. Cant thank Chris enough.

No other option than to cast mine now (not-for-profit) to complete my builds.

32633831680_3da69d504d_b.jpg

On 2/19/2017 at 8:07 PM, Chief Snake said:

Yes, you're that customer. You were not alone, just the last one. And the replacement part you needed has been posted.

CM

Package safely received. Excellent service. 

Thanks very much.

Take care

Keith