ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
11bee

Very cool Blackhawk!

Cool article. So basically it's a Lima model with a Mike cockpit. Kinda weird, but whatever. At the end of the day, it still has the same power and lift capability as it did going in to the mod.

Kinda defeats the purpose of making the hawk better.

I guess it's the Army's version of putting lipstick on a pig! (And no, the Blackhawk is not a pig!)

Tim

The idea of the "V" model is to allow the pilots to be able to transfer between units as it said in the article.  Also on the functional side it is a necessity for the C2 birds that didn't get the air worthiness release on the "M" model.  So it goes back to having pilots, particularly those straight out of flight school, trained on a "M" and going to a "L" unit so it wont be an issue once they go "V".  We shall see once its all said and done.

Dan

Saw these over on FB.  Not sure what the rules are for re-posting social media stuff.  If it's an issue, I'll take em down.   Anyhoo...  thought these were pretty cool.   Don't see too many pics of Nightstalker Hawks doing AAR.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: airplane and sky

Too lazy to start a new thread, just saw that the Army will be adding some new hardware bits to their Blackhawks.   

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29240/army-black-hawks-are-finally-getting-laser-countermeasures-to-throw-off-infrared-missiles

Note the pic in the article above only has a single turret mounted (where the old ALQ-144 used to go), supposedly the production fit will have a second turret somewhere underneath.    More stuff for the aftermarket folks to provide I suppose.  On a related note, does the new KH Blackhawk come with all the latest ASE gear (missile approach sensors, laser detectors, extra chaff/flare dispensers)?

I am late to the party here.  I would like to add, confirm that the color is very faded CARC.  Depending on who made the paint, it fades to a light greenish gray or a yellowish brown, almost OD color. I love how it fades differently