Nice substitute for US Army helo seatbelts

Came across these while surfing today.

1/32 USAF/USN Seatbelts (White) - Click Image to Close

http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89_126&products_id=200&zenid=2feb32012001ba6703a6c75aa8f35309

Cloth and PE seatbelts.  They were listed as "USAF / USN Seatbelts", suitable for aircraft from the mid-30's to end of WW2.  That being said, they seem to look pretty darned close to the seatbelts used in some army helos (Hueys).  

Anyone know if these are accurate?  The belts I remember in the real thing were not white, more of a very light grey but that issue can be addressed.   The only thing that might be a deal breaker is cost.  6 Euro for one.  Getting enough to dress out a Huey might get a bit pricey!

I think they look great and would definitely use them.  I seem to remember the ends of the shoulder harnesses being the cloth material rolled over on itself and sewn.  Not the silver buckle thing shown.  The lap belts are perfect.  I could be wrong.  I'll have to check my Cobra seat in the basement.

Floyd

2 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I'll have to check my Cobra seat in the basement.

Really??? A Cobra seat IN YOUR BASEMENT??? Must be nice. That would make a cool modeling

desk chair!!!

I'd love to find a blackhawk pilot seat!!!

Of course, I do have a OH-58 cyclic grip! 

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
13 hours ago, rotorwash said:

They look freaking spot on for a Army Huey!  I agree though, the price is a bit steep.

Ray 

Maybe I'm losing my memory in my old age.  Were the belts on a Huey white or that silvery-grey color I recall?

Not sure what the exchange rate currently is but by my count, I'd need 12 sets to dress out my next Huey, 10 lap belts for the troop seats and two full sets for the pilots. Probably beyond my means....   I'd love to know who produced the PE set on Dragon's Huey.  It was full color and in addition to a nice IP, it had a crap-load of seat belts that were actually quite nice.   They looked very Eduard-ish....   If the new KH Huey doesn't deliver full PE, it would probably be cheaper to purchase a Dragon Huey just for the PE belts.  

23 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Maybe I'm losing my memory in my old age.  Were the belts on a Huey white or that silvery-grey color I recall?

Not sure what the exchange rate currently is but by my count, I'd need 12 sets to dress out my next Huey, 10 lap belts for the troop seats and two full sets for the pilots. Probably beyond my means....   I'd love to know who produced the PE set on Dragon's Huey.  It was full color and in addition to a nice IP, it had a crap-load of seat belts that were actually quite nice.   They looked very Eduard-ish....   If the new KH Huey doesn't deliver full PE, it would probably be cheaper to purchase a Dragon Huey just for the PE belts.  

John,

I was really only referring to the shape and setup of the belts, but Huey belts actually come in several colors.  I've seen them where they look creamy while to a light gray to even a very light blue.  If these are cloth, you could just take some powdered pastels and rub them into the belts and think they would look as real as you could want.

Regarding the KH Huey.  Floyd and I are really really hoping they get the belts right in the kit.  Our goal is for you to be able to built the most accurate Huey ever produced right from the box.  

Ray

1 hour ago, rotorwash said:

Regarding the KH Huey.  Floyd and I are really really hoping they get the belts right in the kit.  Our goal is for you to be able to built the most accurate Huey ever produced right from the box.  

Ray

I know you guys are pushing for this, I wasn't whining about that subject.   Personally, if you prevail, I'll be shocked.   Nothing against KH but they are in a business and I have to believe that including a dozen decent PE seatbelts will have an impact on the cost of the kit.   I wouldn't blame them if they opted not to.  

If they do, I'll send both of you a 12-pack of your preferred beer!

4 hours ago, rotorwash said:

John,

I was really only referring to the shape and setup of the belts, but Huey belts actually come in several colors.  I've seen them where they look creamy while to a light gray to even a very light blue.

Ray

Ditto.  I was inspecting a brand new bird today (like less than 10 hrs in the logbook, new car smell new), and its seatbelts were a very light blue-green.