Classic kits group build

I am not the moderator for this gb, but until the real guys show up I will help. Right, can't  have a gb without rules. Ideally you start with a not started kit, however we have two going ,one of which was started 15 years ago and will be getting a bunch of modifications.  Another that is over 40 but will be getting a entire go over.

The only real requirement is that the kit you build was molded before 1980. The kits you made as a kid, well......unless your under 30 that is. Get out your Matchbox, Frog and Minicraft kits. Look for the date that old kit in the bottom of your stash was made and build it.

On January 8, 2017 at 6:16 PM, phantom said:

Ideally you start with a not started kit, however we have two going, one of which was started 15 years ago and will be getting a bunch of modifications.  Another that is over 40 but will be getting a entire go over.

Thanx for taking the reins Phantom!

Just to letcha know, I don't want to be in the running for the Raffle or prizes or the Cash at the end of this GB.

I just wanna build these to reduce my stash ... I mean ... I have well over 20 kits! ..... :rofl:

Seriously!   :whistle:

Pete

Edited by K2Pete
  • Neo pinned this topic

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Come on guys we need some more builds in here!

It is fun,  look at the cool builds going right now.  Even if you were not around when Classic Kits were all that was available, it is fun to see how things used to be, what used to be considered state of the art.    I am sure many of the members of this forum have classic kits in the stash, you are not going to build them any way ... give them a chance to fulfill their purpose!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks
Sorry to have left this to Phantom for so long.
Some health issues gave me a kicking over the new year and my hobbies took the hit in terms of re-distributed energy.
Thanks, Phantom, for getting the ball rolling. 
Prizes for this GB came from Southern Models in Adelaide.
I hope the Australians really pull out all stops as mailing that Shackleton anywhere outside the Melbourne CBD will likely cost a bomb, but there you go.
Loving that people are underway with their projects. 
Matt

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RKic said:

Dont suppose you guys would let a 1982 molding slip by? It's Italeri, they're always a few years behind the cutting edge ;) 

I'm okay with it. 
What do you have up your sleeve?
Much later than that and even Italeri would save it from consideration, but I look forward to seeing the Italian state of the art at the time.

The 1:72 F-5E kit. All raised lines, spuriously shallow landing gear bays, lumpy weapons, and non-existent canopy actuating mechanism. 

I wont try to force it if you think it is state of the art. Looking at all of my (unstarted) classic kits, they all come in just after the 1980 cutoff.

Italeri F-5E 1982

Italeri F-5F 1984

Monogram F-105G (1:72) 1984

Monogram F-5F (1:48) 1985

Monogram AV-8A (198?) this one is probably more than 25% built. 

11 hours ago, worldslaziestbusker said:

I have no beef with the inclusion of your F-5E and look forward to seeing what's in the box and what you do with it.
Are you thinking to make corrections or build it as you would in the 1980s?

80s style. :)

• 4 months later...