Our club's theme for our upcoming contest is "Classic Revell". Any Revell kit made before the 1985 merger with Monogram is fair game, and it has to be essentially out of the box. I thought I'd try my hand at various scales and subject matter. The first one I got done was the 1/72 F-102, which is actually more the YF-102 than the production variant. I'm using these builds to experiment with some new techniques. This one was natural metal. I sprayed a base coat of Alclad Aluminum, then brushed on Tamiya Smoke. I oversprayed with Alclad Airfame Aluminum and polished that with some old SNJ Metalizer powder I had. The Tamiya Smoke ruined the smooth finish I had, and if you're not careful, you get finger prints on the finish. However, it did show some promise. I also tried doing the canopy framing from Bare Metal Foil. I think if I used Dull Aluminum, it would have turned out better. I'm not too happy with the end result. That's okay, though, as it's a learning build. 

601968_orig.jpg

3760289_orig.jpg

5209936_orig.jpg

3004638_orig.jpg