Dotcom's 2016 in Scale

Happy new year everyone!

Not much posting from me in the old year, but in terms of finished models 2016 was fairly prolific for my standards. Most of the builds were projects that were started long ago and I managed to complete almost all open boxes. Now this year I will try to have much less builds going on besides each other. But lets see:

Group shot (missing the X-15 which is already on display at my office):

BcihTN0.jpg

1/25 Revell 1968 Dodge Charger

r8NIsC0.jpg

IMG_7783%20(Custom).JPG

1/72 MPM X-15A-2

4F6LTH3.jpg

IMAG1275.jpg

1/72 Italeri Su-34 from the Shelf Queen group build, basically OOB but with a number of modifications, shown here

ABIRULW.jpg

IMAG1027%20(Custom).jpg

1/72 Zvezda Su-27SM (from Revell's boxing), out of the box. Easily the best 1/72 kit I have ever put my hands on. I already look forward to the new Su-33 Sea Flanker.

tJGzhWz.jpg

IMG_7796%20(Custom).JPG

1/72 Revell A-10 Thunderbolt II 'Desert Belle', with scatchbuilt Maverick triple launch rails and 2 extra Missiles from the spares box:

TqL5qjt.jpg

IMG_7791%20(Custom).JPG

1/48 Tamiya F-51D 'Buckeye Blitz VI' from the Korean War, built entirely from the box, just some tape seatbelts were added.

3t3mFfz.jpg

IMG_7789%20(Custom).JPG

1/48 Tamiya F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair 'Spirit of 76' with Eagle Cals decals. Weathering with salt masking, it was my first attempt at this method.

EJBOZbi.jpg

HiyxdGD.jpg

IMG_7807%20(Custom).JPG

IMG_7809%20(Custom).JPG

Thanks for watching!

Let's see what 2017 brings!

Cheers, Andy

Edited by Dotcom
Changed image hosting site

Thanks Adam! The X-15 kit is great, a lot of details and small photoetch parts that go into the cockpit.

It is supposed to be first in a series of X-planes. The Tamiya X-1 will be next.

Happy Modelling,

Andy