Ghost grey colors from...

I like the Ammo by Mig colors. The light ghost gray is a little lighter than model master but I actually think it captures the scale effect better.  I also like the dropper feature because it's easier to keep consistent ratios over multiple sessions.

Not the best pictures, but this is Vallejo's Light Ghost Grey (Primer 73.615, FS36375) and Dark Ghost Gray (Model Air 71.120, USAF Medium Gray FS36320) on a Revell FA-18E that I helped my 10 year old nephew build for a school show project.  He did pretty much all the building and decal-ling and most of the painting. 

I used to use Model Master, and these are very close in color to them.  Though the Dark Ghost Gray looks a touch more "blue".

Bottom and nose is Light Ghost Grey, top and tails are Dark Ghost Gray.  (Click for larger view.)

img_7289sm.jpg

img_7299sm.jpg

img_9048sm.jpg

Edited by jameslp
fixed typo
On 1/10/2017 at 0:28 PM, goondman said:

.... Mig and Vallejo. Curious as to how they look when down. Model master Acrylic USED to be my go to, but for some reason I am having 0 luck spraying said brand anymore

Just out of curiosity, what's going wrong with the MM Acryl? I just sprayed both Ghost Grays as well as Gull Gray and they went down fine. I hope they haven't changed the formula. I love MM Acryl.

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Just out of curiosity, what's going wrong with the MM Acryl? I just sprayed both Ghost Grays as well as Gull Gray and they went down fine. I hope they haven't changed the formula. I love MM Acryl.

Also curious myself. I just sprayed some newly purchased MM Acryl over my usual Tamiya grey primer and it went down easy. I thinned it a little with Tamiya thinner...just a bit though as the MM Acryl is already pretty thin...and no problems. Well not solely a MM Acryl user I do like the brand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2017 at 5:20 AM, Darren Roberts said:

Im not sure. The stuff that has the new label seems to be hit or miss. The ghost grays have been miss