CD72060 - 1/72 F-16C/D "Dark Vipers"

CD72060 will be a new 1/72 scale sheet with markings for F-16C/D in the new darker Have Glass V scheme. It is designed to fit the Tamiya kit; but I will also check it for fit on Hasegawa and Revell tails. The markings will be a combination of the two 1/48 scale sheets I designed earlier for the Have Glass V scheme.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Just used this sheet a while back and couldn't help wondering...

... did anyone actually bother measuring the no step walkway decals? They're short by something around 3-4 centimeters. I used them on the Academy kit and though you mentioned it was sized for the Tamiya kit, it can't be that off between the two kits.

Hopefully this can be corrected in any future reprint.

3 hours ago, Phantome said:

Just used this sheet a while back and couldn't help wondering...

... did anyone actually bother measuring the no step walkway decals? They're short by something around 3-4 centimeters. I used them on the Academy kit and though you mentioned it was sized for the Tamiya kit, it can't be that off between the two kits.

Hopefully this can be corrected in any future reprint.

The walkway decals were scaled down from the 1/48 design that I have been using for a long time. This is the first time I am getting such a comment about them. While there will not be a reprint of this sheet, I will take a look at them tonight and adjust their length for future F-16 projects if necessary.

Edited by KursadA
2 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

3 or 4 centimeters? That's about an inch and a half! Sure you are not trying to put a 1/72 scale decal on a 1/48 kit?

It's most definitely not 3-4 centimeters; but he has a point in that the length provided in one set is a few millimeters short of what it needs to be. Plus there is a mistake in the instructions that makes it hard to figure out which element to use where.

Also note that there are two complete sets of striping on the decal sheet, which would be much more than needed to complete one model - but hey, you can not make everyone happy.

I will tweak the design and ensure that the next 72nd scale F-16 sheet will have sufficient walkway stripes for two complete kits.

Or maybe just add an extra stripe that could be used to adjust or replace a mistake in application...

13 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

3 or 4 centimeters? That's about an inch and a half! Sure you are not trying to put a 1/72 scale decal on a 1/48 kit?

If we were meant to use the metric system we would have been given ten fingers.

oh wait......  :rolleyes: