Thought I'd start a general chat room, so I don't start a new thread every time I'm bored at work!

Anyways, in just 8 days I can sit at my workbench and pull out a box of plastic.

So I have that going for me, oh, and -40 on either scale is effing cold!

CHeers

H.

Pah, that's nothing try sleeping outside when it is -33!?!? :angry:

This involved a helicopter; our Twin Huey was used to transport us to the site! Back story - at CFB Cold Lake one mandatory training requirement during each tour at the base is overnight winter survival training. Mandatory for ALL aircrew!! There is a pull out/ no go temp of -38!? Back in the day I heard they used to meet (mostly pilots) after a flight, have them sign the bird over to the techs then have him jump aboard a helo and go to the training site. Sucks to be him if he didn't wear full winter gear for that hop!!! We were given basic survival gear that you find in the box under your a$$ in the bang seat of a jet BUT we did get the double sleeping bag - one inside the other! :thumbsup: I slept like a log, yeah, and that log I was supposed to keep pulling into the fire as it burnt to keep the fire going, but.....well it was effing cold in the morning & no Timmies in sight!!!

Ahhh, there was no life like it!?!?

4 hours ago, Winnie said:

Thought I'd start a general chat room, so I don't start a new thread every time I'm bored at work!

Anyways, in just 8 days I can sit at my workbench and pull out a box of plastic.

So I have that going for me, oh, and -40 on either scale is effing cold!

CHeers

H.

and here +40C is effing hot.

And 6 sleeps to go, -42C/-50F, grounded. our aircraft (Bell 212HP) has an operating temperature limitation of -40, so a good day to stay inside. you can tell the difference from -35 to -40, as the very good arctic clothing actually gets stiff and cold... weird. Oh well, I can peruse the interwebs for deals I suppose!

Boys

Please, I tried to upload my photos and I look innocent, like to make photos 102kb without lowering quality ?, maybe I do not have in my computer a suitable program converter ..

Ah .. at home nice temperature + 24 ° c

Well the last couple of weeks have been +30C or greater down this way, boy paint sure dries fast in those temps :D

I'll be starting on a build soon for this GB once my current project (which is too far down the road to completion) is finished...

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_37_zpsgxa2icwc.jpg

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_40_zpssf1dlyef.jpg

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_42_zpstqtxhayk.jpg

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_41_zpszga3vjun.jpg

11 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Well the last couple of weeks have been +30C or greater down this way, boy paint sure dries fast in those temps :D

I'll be starting on a build soon for this GB once my current project (which is too far down the road to completion) is finished...

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_37_zpsgxa2icwc.jpg

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_40_zpssf1dlyef.jpg

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_42_zpstqtxhayk.jpg

72_Has_UH-1H_RAAF_41_zpszga3vjun.jpg

Been a bit hot for painting too much recently.

It dries as it come out of the air brush.

Hi Ryan! Nice Huey with canoes on! So you should combine the fridge with the airbrush dust cabin: take a saw and make 3 holes in the fridge door: one for glas, the other 2 for looooong soft rubber gloves. A good bulb inside and another hole on the backside to suck off the smell. 

Here around my house it's snow again, 10 cm about (dear canadians, do not laugh!) and +/- 0 degree. It 's good when there's snow outside, so I can stay in the house and nobody will bring some work. Well, winter is my modelling seasion.

8 minutes ago, tobiK said:

Hi Ryan! Nice Huey with canoes on! So you should combine the fridge with the airbrush dust cabin: take a saw and make 3 holes in the fridge door: one for glas, the other 2 for looooong soft rubber gloves. A good bulb inside and another hole on the backside to suck off the smell. 

Here around my house it's snow again, 10 cm about (dear canadians, do not laugh!) and +/- 0 degree. It 's good when there's snow outside, so I can stay in the house and nobody will bring some work. Well, winter is my modelling seasion.

Not mine, Trojan Thunder is building the Huey.