So, I started a build of a VF-113 F4U-4B a while back using the Academy kit and I scratch built one of the wingfolds. Unfortunately, the partially finished kit came to grief in a wife-cleaning-hobby-room incident. I am restarting using the Hobbyboss kit, but the hinge is significantly different from what I have seen in Corsair pictures. Was it different on the -4Bs from other Corsairs? I guess I am not sure of the pedigree of any of the online pics I have looked at, and the era is not one that I have a bunch of reference material for. 

Thanks in advance.

Dave

I do not believe the wing fold mechanism ever changed across the various Corsair models.  There was no reason for it to.  If the hinge area of the Hobbyboss kit looks different than what one sees in photos of the hinge area of real Corsairs, then the issue is with the kit.

10 hours ago, LanceB said:

I do not believe the wing fold mechanism ever changed across the various Corsair models.  There was no reason for it to.  If the hinge area of the Hobbyboss kit looks different than what one sees in photos of the hinge area of real Corsairs, then the issue is with the kit.

That's what I was thinking, just can't be sure any of the close up pics of the fold I have are actually -4Bs. 

Cheers,

Dave