Galland's Me-109E-3 on Tamiya Kit

Hi All,

Currently building Tamiya's Me-109E-3 kit in 1/48. I'm planning on using the kit markings for Adolf Galland's bird. However, I haven't been able to find any reference photos of it. Does anyone have any photos?

The aircraft I'm referring to is here:

109ebt.jpg

Edited by latormentabritanica

I have three, but they're all shot from 9 o'clock or 10 o'clock and do not reveal much of the machine besides the "Winkel Dreieck" (chevron and triangle making for a Gruppenkommandeur), cockpit area and a bit of the forward fuselage.  I do not have an online photo account / service, but if you want to post or send a PM with your email, I'll forward them.

'Bad news' if you're interested in strict accuracy - Anders Hjortsberg managed to convince me in 2013 that the 9. Staffel's "Hollenhund" emblem was black on this machine.

GRM

P.S.  Despite kit manufacturers designating the round canopy style as "E-3", that's not really the case.  Plenty of E-4s, and even E-7s used this earlier style of canopy.  Horst Carganico, then Gruppenkommandeur of the II/JG 5, even had one retrofitted to one of his Bf 109F-4s in 1942.